Gas to hit 7 dollars per gallon

by 1914BS 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    But then there's Alberta's Oilsands...

Flowrates jgnat. Flo- rates. And ramping up production fast enough. Production is projected to double or maybe even triple by 2015, but that only adds 1-2 million barrels per day to supply. All that does is make up for Mexico's decline alone.

You can't extract it fast enough to turn the tide. It helps, but it is not enough.

alt

BTS

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Regular gasoline has gone up again . This saturday morning, regular at the pump is $1.451 at Esso and most stations. Come July 1st I think there is supposed to be a green tax imposed on top of the already high gas price. We can all thank the government for shutting the economy down!. Already the job I do (construction) is looking very bad right now. I think that I will be layed off very soon from shortage of work just like happend in the year 2000 when I had to travel to Alberta for work. These high gas prices are shutting the construction industry down.

The Canadian Government sure knows how to strip the personal Sovereignty from all Canadians!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Sorry to be such an alarmist

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/wid/18298287/

but I can't help it

Oh and one other thing. The Government of Canada is really going to PISS OFF alot of Canadians with a 2.4 cent carbon tax on July 1st!!!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

The oil companies sure have the timing right for the long weekend.

In the Vancouver BC area, regular gas at the pump (Esso) is $1.46/litre today . The highest yet. That is alot more than our fellow Americans are paying.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

is it 3.3 liters per gallon? If so, that would be 4.818 a gallon. Thats about average in Los Angeles. Especially for premium which I have to use because I thought I was cool buying a turbo VW

• 1914BS
    1914BS

No ...The Canadian imperial gallon is 4.54 litres I'm double checking that now\\

1 U.S. Gallon = 3.785 Liters
    1 Can Gallon = 4.546 Liters

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I noticed that less than half the boats that would normally be in the water at this time of year - aren't. That's hurting tourism as well since people aren't travelling as much or using the toys they have. sammieswife.

• amicus
    amicus
    Not to many years ago you would see gardens in the inner city... no one has the skills to live poor anymore... not even poor people... maybe a good bust cycle will wake this country up.

A few friends and I have this conversation from time to time. We're "old timers". I can repair my house (hell I could build a new one), grow a garden, repair my old trucks (1971 GMC 1 ton utility body, 1970 Chevrolet Panel), repair a bicycle (if I can't afford fuel), cut wood for my essentially pollution free wood burning stove, I can even repair and operate a sewing machine. My friends and I are a dying breed. California schools used to teach students how to be somewhat self sufficient. The "home making", woodworking, gardening, electrical shop type classes were phased out long ago. Very few children learn these skills anymore.

I hate be be a forecaster of "doom and gloom", today we are upset about fuel prices, fuel is just the tip of the iceburg. Ten years from now the topic won't be fuel it will be fresh water. Politicians don't talk about water. They soon will be forced to.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I was just reading this morning how people's outdoor vegetable gardens are getting robbed of their produce. On the flip side, the roads definitely have fewer cars on them - not fewer bad drivers but it does seem fewer cars and trucks driving slower. sammieswife.

• amicus
    amicus
    outdoor vegetable gardens are getting robbed of their produce

Wow. I just compost most of what I grow. I was thinking about putting a little vegetable stand in my front yard with a "free" sign, maybe I should.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit