Are single-never-married heterosexual males approaching their forties...

by DanTheMan 83 Replies latest social relationships

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    and having some measure of status among their fellow males for having gotten at least one gal to walk down the aisle for them, regardless of whether or not it went to shit.

That's a bit of a childish statement - in my opinion anyway. A measure of status??? for real?

I'm 32 never married, no kids.....I don't really see that changing very soon - and I'm in no way a loser.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I sent the following email message to several members of my family today (and certain of them are part of the reason why I feel like there's something wrong with me for being single), and although I didn't expect it, a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I was as calm and un-neurotic today as I've been in a long time. I'm done with pressuring myself and feeling that I'm some kind of weirdo because I'm not a ladies man.

Hi all,

Well, over the past three months or so I've had yet another very discouraging dating go-around with several women that I met through Yahoo personals.

I've reached a point where I have decided that I am no longer going to be actively pursuing dating opportunities. While I imagine that perhaps somewhere out there in the world there may be a lady who would be a good match for me, the frustration and disappointment and rejection that I've continually experienced when I've tried to "put myself out there" has gotten to be too much.

I tell you all this because henceforth I would prefer that I not be asked if I'm dating anybody or any other questions along such lines. While I understand that such questions may be well-intended, they tend to have the effect of reinforcing my feelings of loneliness and of being deficient somehow. I would greatly appreciate it if you would respect my wishes in this area.

Thank you,

Dan

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Ok Dan. But just when you aren't looking, you sometimes find love. Happened to me. Out of the blue, BAM!

momz

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

That would make me a loser, so I hope not.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I found you to be a very intelligent, funny guy. DON'T GIVE UP. You are certainly NOT a loser! You'll find someone when you are least expecting it, just stay open to the possibilities.

(((((((DAN)))))))

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Ok Dan. But just when you aren't looking, you sometimes find love. Happened to me. Out of the blue, BAM!

momz

Aren't you married?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Over 40? The best is yet to be!

You are a great guy, Dan. You have encouraged me many a time.

BTW . . . You in need of a hug? 'cuz I got some for ya!

hugs

ESTEE

• oompa
    oompa

oops....dang it....sorry.....I must have accidentally sent otwo my job resume...but you should not have posted otwo:

otwo: If the guy has never moved out of his
    parents' basement, still bags groceries at the local store going on 20 years or so, never even
    tries to date- well, we might be talking about a loser.
  • oompa
    oompa

Dan....seriously....there is a way to fix this:

Dan:While I imagine that perhaps somewhere out there in the world there may be a lady who would be a good match for me, the frustration and disappointment and rejection that I've continually experienced when I've tried to "put myself out there" has gotten to be too much.

frustration, disappointment and rejection..........hmmm....don't like those things? Well who would? Spend some coin on therapy.....seriously....they can help you work through all these issues....and the you will not be "putting yourself out there"....you will LIVE out there!.....I am going to send you a pm with a link to former dub therapist that could really help you reprogram a bit....she is on not a traditional therapist....but damm good......Hang in there dan.........oompa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Aren't you married?

Neither here nor there. But FYI, not for long.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit