Are single-never-married heterosexual males approaching their forties...

by DanTheMan 83 Replies latest social relationships

• Badger
    Badger

Women are the most pathetically self-deluded creatures on Gawd's green earth.

That might be your problem Dan. Defining a group with a sweep of the fingers. Women are not self-deluded anymoreso than men are. I'm sorry that you're having relationship issues right now. I really like you and I appreciate the time you took to hang out with me when I was having some major issues. You're a wonderful person! Don't let anyone else define you and don't worry about what others think.

~Aztec

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hi Aztec, been a while. Thanks for the kind words. Women seem to like me ok. It's the extra-like that I can't ever seem to spark.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, I fit the profile here but I don't class myself as a loser because of it. There are good and bad sides to the issue and I'm ok with them.

Questions I've always asked myself in the relationships I've been in are "is what this is worth more time? if I leave this, can I live with the results of what I'm giving up? can i do better? can I risk not finding better? why do i think this is 'it' and what role/need is the other person really filling for me here? am I being honest with both in staying? am i happy here?" etc.

To be honest, I'd rather not settle and be alone than make the mistake of choosing the wrong person. But I'm not exactly a "nice" guy anyways.

PS and to all the guys who think women are the only self deluded ones out there, believe me, there are some pretty f***** up guys out there too. Give the ego a break and you might see better.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Men prefer being solo over a bad marriage: study

Clip:

"Men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person than of never getting married at all," Weisman told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"This is the first generation of people who have grown up with bad divorces. People assume there is something wrong if you don't marry but these are men who have made a different choice and not given in to social pressures."

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Loser-no. Sexy to the right women-absolutely.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I am good friends with two guys who fit this description. They've both done all they can for the Borg. They've both had chances to date women but never have. Neither one acts gay. I think they are both good as gold. But why they don't get involved with a woman is beyond my understanding. By the way, both guys are black. And no they don't live in the same city.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Being in a relationship or married isn't everything, it depends on the individual and what they want.

Considering Dan the Man doesn't like women he is best off without them. You have to like the opposite sex to want a relationship with them.

Ruth

• shamus100
    shamus100
    Neither one acts gay. I think they are both good as gold. But why they don't get involved with a woman is beyond my understanding.

Well, that means nothing my friend. It's very possible that they are - there are lots of repressed homosexuals in 'the twooth'.

You can be happily unmarried. Isn't it great to just be a selfish prick and do what you want to do whenever you want? Isn't it great to go blow a wad of money, go on a mini-vacation to meet friends, without having to 'discuss' it with your significant other?

It is possible to be very happy single - but, IMO, you need to occupy your time with a lot of things that you love. You need hobbies or sports that take up a load of your interest. It works for me!

Oh - and be able to handle loneliness.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Women Dumb bitches are the most pathetically self-deluded creatures on Gawd's green earth.

How exactly are you meeting so many dumb bitches?!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Shamus,

That is exactly why I'm not pursuing relationships beyond the friend kind. I can handle and do need lots of friends, just not the live in and invade my space kind. I have kids for that! I'm so busy with school activities that I don't feel the need to have a partner that I have to answer to. EEK! I don't want to answer to anyone but my kids and myself.

I think Hollywood has taken the 40 y/o virgin thing too far and made it shameful when it's not. They have made it sound strange to us that a man can remain without a romatic relationship from birth to death. It does sound strange. Thank Hollywood for telling us what to think of others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit