Are single-never-married heterosexual males approaching their forties...

by DanTheMan 83 Replies latest social relationships

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

...Losers? Discuss.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Are we talking virgins here?

• ninja
    ninja

gay virgins?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Male or Female why would they be losers ? There are many reasons why a person of any age might not have been married.Far better to be single than to be in a terrible relationship.As for the "virgin" thing, I guess that would fall into the same category too.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Not universally.

• ninja
    ninja

dive in mate...there are women a plenty.....hurry before the hormones kick in!!!!!!!!!!!....in the women I mean

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If that's the only information, I couldn't say they are losers. Are once-divorced men in
    the same situation winners because they tried at marriage? Are they bigger losers because
    they failed at love where the never-married guy did not fail?

If a person is happy, that's all that matters. If they want to change their situation, and are
    having a hard time for whatever reasons, that doesn't make them a loser.

Now, I don't judge people. We all have our problems. If the guy has never moved out of his
    parents' basement, still bags groceries at the local store going on 20 years or so, never even
    tries to date- well, we might be talking about a loser. But even that guy might have his reasons.
    He might be caring for sickly parents, he might have a mental retardation. He might be very
    happy.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

There are lots of reasons that don't make someone a loser that they might still be single when approaching their forties.

Perhaps they never found the right partner and they weren't willing to settle. I respect that.

Perhaps they had issues and decided they needed to address those before involving someone else in them. I respect that.

Perhaps they simply weren't ready and rather than bring someone into a relationship that was bound to fail because they weren't ready for that level of committment they just didn't make a committment they weren't ready for. I respect that.

Perhaps their priorities were different and it was more important for them to get through school and build a career and only now is a family a priority to them. They were true to themselves. I respect that.

Jackie

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Which is worse, being single-never-married or divorced-3 kids-paying child support and alimony out the ass?

I know some married guys approaching their 40s who I would consider "losers". I also know guys in their late 20s/early-mid 30s (all marital statuses) that aren't worth their weight in glass bottles in the state of ME

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

or divorced-3 kids-paying child support and alimony out the ass

...and having some measure of status among their fellow males for having gotten at least one gal to walk down the aisle for them, regardless of whether or not it went to shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit