Most Awkward, Embarrassing, Comical things you Experienced as a Witness ?

by flipper 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

The "Circus People",

I had a return visit that I referred to as the "Circus People". They lived in a run down
    trailer park. Single wide trailer, each time I went back there was a "New Act".

The first time the door was ans. by a young girl with a snake wrapped around her neck..! That thing just kept bobbing it's head up and down at me...

The next RV there, a "Little Person" answered the door, he was walking on his hands.

I was invited in once. There were 3 guys doing some kind of acrobatics in the living room… one was standing on the others shoulders. None of them were very tall. One was sitting upside down in a chair, with his head touching the floor..

The "Lady" of the house, the one I talked to when invited in, was dressed in ruffles and lace, with lots of bows. She had long black Shirley Temple curls in her hair with big red bows tied around her head. She was probably in her 60's and rather large. Bright red lipstick and those round dots of blush on her cheeks. Really sweet person tho.

It was really hard to concentrate when I went there....lol as I never knew what to expect. It was the strangest group of people that I had ever met.

But, all in all, they were very nice to me, and always took the mag. I wasn't brave enough at the time to ask what in the heck was going on...

Oh, they also had a Pot Belly Pig for a pet… he had free run of the trailer… Cute...

The Circus finally left town tho...

Hope you didn't get your nice shoes too muddy - if they looked like the shoes in your avatar ! Good looking shoes !

This is Mud stomping territory, Mr. Flipper. I keep my "Nice Shoes" for special occasions.

Cas

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

*Almost* the last time I went out on the preach... we were doing rural territory, and I had to pee. We decided the best answer was to go in the bush on the property we'd just come out of. I walked in, didn't feel invisible enough, so kept walking. Finally found a spot I was happy with, did my thing, turned around and realised I was right in front of the house I'd just failed to place magazines at; I just hadn't seen it because of one lousy branch.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Every time the door opens. I hated it when I would actually have to make a presentation, particularly for a Washtowel that I did not believe in or one that following would severely impair me in doing so.

However, that is nowhere near the worst I can envision. (And neither are some of the scenarios above listed, as embarrassing as they might be). The worst would be, after getting recaptured and dragged to the Grand Boasting Session, having to recite under direct force what is on the testimony card. And what is on that card is that Jehovah did me a huge favor by having the opposite sex refuse to accept me, so I could be "rescued" from that "secret society" I volitionally joined and back into the "happiest organization on the planet" and join the Value Destroyer Training School. In front of 5,000 people (has anyone ever peed in front of 5,000 people?). With the newspaper and TV news recording and broadcasting the whole thing.

Now that would be more embarrassing than a low fly or snags in the field misery.

• logic
    logic

I was a teenager at a circuit assembly. I was talking to friends. All of a sudden we heard a horrendous noise, and chairs started flying into the air all over the place back and forth and what ever it was, was throwing the chairs and other items into the air and was coming across the auditorium towards us. Needless to say we were getting extremely concerned. One girl was getting hysterical so I picked up and put her on a table. Finally the commotion quit. It turned out to be somebody had knocked a fire extinguisher off the wall and broke off the nozzle turning it into a runaway rocket. The place was mess , but they hurriedly cleaned everything up and went on with the show.

One of my favorites was again as a teenager, we were out in service on the navaho reservation. A sister took her new car, bad idea. She knew nothing about country living. She started to drive up to a house that had sheep and goats, literally. Back in this country you do not drive directly up to the house for it was considered inconsiderate and stupid. We tried to tell her not to do it because of the goats but she just ignored us. You see goats love to walk all over things, in particular cars, and we knew that. Poor woman learned the hard way. It was not a pretty sight.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I've had plenty of those experiences, but one that comes to mind right now is when I was around 18 - 19, I was doing the fade. My dad coerced me into going out in field circus. We came upon the house of a lady that I worked with on my job! Nobody where I worked had any clue that I was associated in any way with the JWs, and I liked it that way. Well, that field circus session blew all that for me! So, on Monday I had a lot of explaining at work. Thankfully, everybody understood what was going on, and it was all cool. God, it sucked being a JW.

• flipper
    flipper

CASPER- Circus people ?That is a hilarious story ! I bet you were half expecting a man or woman to step out of the bedroom with a rotating head or something ! LOL! I can only imagine as you stated how hard it was to concentrate on trying to present something to these people ! Funny !

SASS MY FRASS- Nothing like going pee and realizing someone may be watching you from their house window ! Wow! That would be nerve racking .

WT WIZARD- I haven't peed in front of 5,000 people before - you are saying you did ? My god man. I'm so sorry for you ! That would take the cake as far as being in an embarrassing situation !

LOGIC- That is funny ! A wacked out fire extinguisher ! I can only imagine everyone running for the exits wondering what was knocking all the chairs over ! And the goat story ? They are pretty aggressive animals. I found that out in my experience too !

• flipper
    flipper

Getting ready to go to work till late tonight ; so I wanted to bump this up for weekenders who would like to comment on any funny, or awkward experiences they had ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• song19
    song19

In junior high I remember telling my choir teacher that I couldn’t sing “hallelujah”. She said it was singing about God… I ended up singing it. I FELT like such an idiot.

One time in service I was working with ‘sister spiritual’ and I was so nervous… I was just a young teen at the time. Being so use to going out on the Saturday, I ended up saying my whole Saturday presentation on the Wednesday. “Sorry to bother you on this beautiful Saturday. I know how busy the weekends are for some”… it went on and on. No wonder she had a funny look.

• flipper
    flipper

DORKTACULAR- That would be embarrassing having to witness to workmates who didn't know you were a JW ! I bet you did have a lot of explaining to do when you got back to work !

SONG 19- I thought , " hallelujah " meant " praise Jah " or something- you felt nervous singing that in school ? Your Saturday presentation on a Wednesday was funny . It shows how automatic and robotic we all were as witnesses ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• okie46
    okie46

Several things I can think of:

1) This happened when I was about 15 or 16, at our district convention, the men's and women's restrooms were right next to each other, Each one had two openings, an exit and an entrance, with no doors on either one, you just walked in around a curved wall into the bathroom. I was dating a brother in the congregation, wearing his promise ring, and we had been cruising down the hallways during intermission. We decided to both make a pit stop, he walked in one door and then a minute later I walked in the next door not realizing it was the 2nd door to the men's room, he was in there and heard the brothers laughing about some girl that had just walked into the men's room and did not realize it was ME. I promptly walked right back out and went into the correct door next door. Then when I told him, he turned beet red and told me how the guys were laughing about the girl walking in the wrong door.

2) It was the Circuit Overseers visit, my oldest son was a baby, in diapers till. Unfortunately, he also had diarrhea that day. He filled his diaper while we were listening to the CO's talk. I got up to take him to the bathroom to change him, not realizing that the poo was running out of his diaper and leaving a trail on the floor all the way to the bathroom. My husband then got up and was trying to clean up the mess behind us using wet baby wipes. I did not realize till I came back out with the little one all cleaned up.

1) My daughter was still nursing, I was wearing a skirt and blouse and was out in field service. I had been nursing her in the car and had forgotten to zip my skirt back up. When I got out of the car to take the next house and stood up, my skirt promptly fell to the ground, thank goodness I had a slip on. It was hilarious and I could not stop laughing, so someone else had to go up and get the door.

4) I was giving a talk once in the second school, I did not realize that when I sat down in the chair that my skirt and slip had flipped up over the arm of the chair on the side facing the audience and I was giving everyone a full on view of my legs, and everything under the skirt. A sister was desparately trying to get my attention to let me know, I finally realized it and pulled my skirt down properly. Then I had a fit of giggles and could not stop laughing and was unable to finish my talk because I couldn't stop laughing.

Apparently, I am 1) pretty goofy and 2) an exhibitionist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit