Most Awkward, Embarrassing, Comical things you Experienced as a Witness ?

by flipper 85 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac
    I always thought Jehovah was married to Mary- you mean he's not ? I'm stumbled. LOL! I bet you made your dad nervous even back then as a girl with your inquisitive mind ! LOL!

lol, probably... He said I was always trying to figure things out but somehow always put things together wrong... Guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree, lol...

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Oh I remember another....

Went to Ireland for a break, went out with the local congregation to do some of the 'untouched' areas. Witnessed to every house and farm in the village (about 10) who had all said 'NO' and then drove down a little country lane to try and find another house.

Realised the road was getting more and more unsafe so decided to turn around....the back of the car went off the side of the road and was overhanging into a brook. The three of us had to walk back to the village to try and find help....re call on a couple of the doors where we managed to find a farmers wife who called her husband to come help. He brough down his tractor to pull us out, followed by 10 nosey workmen/neighbours who wanted to come along for the laugh!

VERY embarrassing!!!!

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- That is funny ! I think your apples are falling from the tree just fine sis ! LOL! You are the one that puts things together right- not your dad.

MATTNOEL- What a crazy predicament you were in ! Stuck in your car overhanging into a brook ? I bet that was embarrassing everybody nosing in on the situation ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• razorMind
    razorMind

We were sitting behind a sister with--sorry but it has to be said--very, very greasy, stringy, overprocessed hair. Suddenly some sort of large bug crawled up out of her scalp and was just there crawling around on her head. No one moved, until one sister finally took pity and caught it with a paper napkin. I might reiterate that this bug was NOT on the surface of her hair---it was deep inside somewhere on her scalp

• White Dove
    White Dove

Knocking at school mates' doors and having to face them the next day.

• flipper
    flipper

RAZORMIND- OOOO! Sicky ! A bug crawling out of a woman's hair ? That would be truly nauseous causing . Ecch.

WHITE DOVE- Yes, knocking at a school mates door was difficult , very much so.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great stories.

Bangalore

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I once started laughing at a district convention about something happening in front of me... I could not stop laughing (tears over my cheeks)... I went out of the seat and stopped in the middle of the pathway and just let it all out... I was laughing LOUD! So LOUD that most people had no attention on the main talk that was being held... I just could not stop laughing.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I love these posts that are revived so that those of us who are newbies can contribute. This happened to my mom, back in the 60's. It was winter here in Ohio and she was wearing a pair of boots that were low, maybe 4 inches above the ankle. When the person opened the door a small dog ran out and proceeded to give my mom a good sniffing. As she went in to her presentation, she felt a warm trickle into her boot. She went on talking finishing her presentation. She got back to the car with a weird look on her face and said, "That damn dog peed in my boot!" Now, you had to know my mom, she would no more swear than June Cleaver. She told that story till the day she died and we always got a good laugh. She was so proud she kept her cool. Miss you Mom.

• poopieskoopie
    poopieskoopie

Very early in my publishing career I took a new recruit to meet with the brothers because she had requested to do so. They took their time giving an overall picture of the organization putting great emphasis on the joy people experience, especially those assigned to Bethel. After listening intently to these brothers the new recruit, staring wide eyed, asked in a very sincere tone, "How do I get asigned to this BROTHEL?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit