What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by Renegade 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Renegade
    Renegade

Alot of you maybe stuck for choice so you can say as many as you want.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

"Yes." - me on the day of my baptism.

• BFD
    BFD

"If I am being brain-washed, I want my brain to be clean as it can be."

"A lot of these understandings come in hind-sight".

BFD

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

One comment by a sister at a WT study. They had a young daughter that the sister said they didn't allow to watch Sesame Street because one of the songs on SS at the time was to a disco beat.

It was during the JW anti-disco era. Several in the hall were holding back either gags or laughs.

S4

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The following: I have amassed a large amount of debt buying ridiculous and needless purchases. But the end will be here soon so I won't have to pay for all of these things anyway.

This was 13 years ago. This fine person is divorced and on the verge of filing bankruptcy. And no, he no longer goes to any JW meetings.

er

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

This is no lie. I was talking to a sister about getting around in the new system. She was a strict diehard and one of the most arrogant people that I met in the organisation.

Her solution was quite an easy one. This is what she said in all seriousness. (I kid you not)

"Maybe we can actually fly and we just haven’t worked out how to yet. All we need is to be shown by Jehovah".

I laughed in her face.

• oompa
    oompa

"Just put your tounge in.....that is not really sex".......................oompa

• White Dove
    White Dove

About two weeks after my husband left me, I was at my grandmother's house and crying over it. She, an elderette, said, "Are you still pining?!" She said it very accusingly. I said no.

• Renegade
    Renegade

I'm not naming them but I was speaking to a JW about the possibility of aliens in space. (which I find very likely with the masses of planets out there apparently just lying around) They said

"If there was, the ransom wouldn't exist because Jehovah wouldn't have to prove anything because it had already been proven on another planet so it's not true."

"So he just got bored one day and started randomly created planets for us to look at?"

"I didn't say that, just stay faithful."

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

That I wouldn't leave school before Armageddon came

ooooops, sorry mum I'm 39! And wish I'd done my A levels!

Poppy X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit