What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by Renegade 68 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

at the tuesday group studying the evolution book....one of the guys ( another robert jones)put his hand up and started talking about 7 foot pygmies

• carla
    carla

Elder in response to my bringing up many of the false prophecies- 'they are not really false prophecies because they didn't use the words 'thus sayeth' "

My jw in response to my bringing up that some ex jw's became ex's just by reading the bible, particularly Romans & Galatians, 'they why would I want to read those books?' (now he flatly denies saying that)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

(This is in 2008)

ME: Mom, you remember the watchtower used to tell us that the generation of 1914 would not pass away until after armageddon.

MOM: Yes, that's true! The problem is that medical technology keeps advancing, so those people are living longer and longer. But we're sooo close to the end now.

ME: . . . . . . . . . .

• Layla33
    Layla33

My cousin and I at my grandfather's funeral.

Me: So you are studying to be a witness? I didn't know that.

Him: Yeah, I married my wife and she is a dutiful one.

Me: Oh. Well I don't walk other people's paths, if it works for you... (trails off, gives him the "you are so unfortunate" look)

Him: Well, if it isn't the truth, I will be dead, so what will it matter anyway?

Me: Looks ahead and pretends I didn't just hear one of the dumbest statements of my life.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Anna o, do you think maybe he's an apostate on the sly? That is GREAT advice from the pulpit stage! I think every person who is in but"out" should give that advice from the platform as often as possible! Maybe encourage the 'young ones' to read the old works of russell so they can bask in his brilliance or some such BS!

• Renegade
    Renegade

I was telling a JW, that I'm doing Media as a subject at my next school. They replied with,

"But the film industry will corrupt your mind and make you evil!"

Yeah, because every film maker is into the occult aren't they?

• still_in74
    still_in74

The following: I have amassed a large amount of debt buying ridiculous and needless purchases. But the end will be here soon so I won't have to pay for all of these things anyway.

This was 13 years ago. This fine person is divorced and on the verge of filing bankruptcy. And no, he no longer goes to any JW meetings.

was that little boy you easy?? do you need a hug?
    its not your fault,,,
    its not your fault,,,
    its not your fault,,,
    its not your fault,,,

• still_in74
    still_in74

Anytime someone was going through difficult times they would attribute it to: "Satan and the Demons are testing me."

How about: you brought it on yourself, or God helps those who help themselves or just say no, or the be all end all.....this is part of life get use to it!!!!!!

Even when I was very young I had it figured out that no one was testing anybody. The witnesses attributed the Big S and Demons to anything they really didn't want to deal with. I wonder if this still goes on?

yes they still say this and it pisses me of now. You cant have a conversation without this coming up. Everything you cant deal with is Satan so y bother trying and everything else that happens is a sign of how close the end is...

A friend of mine said the other day that "the WTS recognizes how close the end is because of the new study WT, shortened Public talks and cancelled book studies."

At the BS the other night the conductors air-head wife that just rambles fluff for 3/4 of the night kept asking questions about 1935 and the generation change so I commented as I was the only one in the room that understood a word of what was being talked about.
    Finally she asked another question. again I put my hand up (of course noone else did) the BS conductor looked at me then back to the group and said : "well some things we wont understand till the new system, we just need to be there to find out!"then everyone laughed.... O god I have heard that enough times to puke!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    ) He was telling us how he was at a Bible study with a sister (he was accompanying her on HER study), and the lady student was a lesbian. He told her she needed to "start coming to the meetings, but she'd have to stop dressing like a dyke first." YES, that's a QUOTE. You should have heard the gasp in the KH. I was serving as an elder at the time, but was already starting my fade. He got a talking to by me about that one. I didn't care if he was pissed off or not. What he said was callous and wrong, both to her, and to repeat it from the platform as if he was proud of it.

2) At the circuit assembly "business meeting" during lunch, he told the elders: "some of the pioneer sisters were wearing ankle bracelets and had multiple piercings in their ears. I call them TRY-A-NEERS, because I don't see why they even try."

what an ass!

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

All the people who die before Armageddon especially Elvis, Frank Sinatra, and anyone else who is REALLY nice deserves to be resurrected in the new system cause theres a reason they died BEFORE the end came.....so they can be in the new system! So many of our great celebrities have not had a chance to hear about the Truth so they will be resurrected and givent the opportunity to serve Jehovah in new order.

(Holy crap I get to meet Elvis..i better make sure I make it!!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit