What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by Renegade 68 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Armageddon 2035. WT talking about how Noah preached for 120 years so they add that to 1914 and here we go again.

i will never forget reading that for the first time.

Of course after all these changes that "delay" the "end" our CO criticizes people at the CA for living as though the end could be 20 or 30 years away still! No! This is wrong thinking!

Well i may only be 33, but I am old enough to remember that 25 years ago I thought the end was coming and that i would not be married in "this system"

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The problem is that medical technology keeps advancing

well I hope scientists dont figure out how to extend life indefinitely or else Jehovah would really be screwed!

• still_in74
    still_in74

a sister I knew was studying "fashion design" in college.

Another sister commented about her choice of study saying :" oh, like we're gonna need fashion designers in the new system!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You must have two eyewitnesses to an act of child abuse, whether it be molestation, fondling or rape, to "prove" the event actually took place. Further those two eyewitnesses must be baptized Jehovah's Witnesses, preferabley in good standing, and they cannot make any attempt to interfere or influence the child abuse taking place since that would mean the abuse never did take place.

White Rock congregation, Dallas, Texas, 1988-1989

• calico
    calico
    The problem is that medical technology keeps advancing, so those people are living longer and longer. But we're sooo close to the end now.

This statement is soooo freakin' funny and sad at the same time!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I heard a talk one time where the speaker discouraged helping worldly people in need. His counsel was the direct opposite of what Jesus taught in his Good Samaritan parable. My sister-in-law, not an apostate, turned to me and said, "This guy is wack!" A Bible student was also there and never came back.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Yea, Mom's sweet, but she's not quite "right".

• Renegade
    Renegade

I was saying to a witness that my favourite genre of music is heavy metal. They said that all metal bands sing about drugs and about the occult. What a load of rubbish!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I hate how JW's say that if things are hard, it's because Satan is persecuting you; and if things are going well, it's because of Jehovah's blessing. But then if things are going well for an apostate it's certainly not Jehovah's blessing - they say it's only a matter of time until things go poorly for them!

So don't they realize their logic is completely illogical?

(Edited to complete my thought...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit