What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by Renegade 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Armagedon is sooo close...it's almost here....my kids won't go to high school before Armagedon.

RUBBISH THEY WON'T YOU DAMN FOOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was not true in 1950, or 1980 and it sure as hell isn't true in 2008!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

• We never said The End was coming in '75
    • Why would you want to pay into a company pension? Don't you realize where we are in the stream of time? Armageddon will be here LONG before you retire! (said to my father in 1950)
    • Jehovah's Witnesses don't protect pedophiles
    • Satan controls the media
    • Did you see where the Catholic Church is being sued for allowing priest to molest young boys? Further proof they're part of Babylon the Great!
    • Even if it's not 'the Truth', it still gives you a good life!
    • That's not what the Faithful and Discreet Slave says.....
    • Have you been reading 'apostate' literature? You sound spiritually weak....
    • Millions Now Living Will Never Be Able to Retire Die
  • flipper
    flipper

" Oh well ! The elders are all imperfect ! " In excusing the Watchtower societies ignoring the child abuse scandal not being handled through the years

• Liberty
    Liberty

"This wicked old system can't possibly last another 5 years!" said in all seriousness by many JWs and heard by me on numerous occassions around 1970. Now almost 40 years ago!

By the way, just one of many stupid things JWs say.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

"college is going to mess up your mind making you all confused" (from my mom a few years back)

Hummm, I feel less confused and more confident than I did before I started college.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Anytime someone was going through difficult times they would attribute it to: "Satan and the Demons are testing me."

How about: you brought it on yourself, or God helps those who help themselves or just say no, or the be all end all.....this is part of life get use to it!!!!!!

Even when I was very young I had it figured out that no one was testing anybody. The witnesses attributed the Big S and Demons to anything they really didn't want to deal with. I wonder if this still goes on?

r

• alexb123
    alexb123

I was at a meeting about God answering people Prayers. They were saying that if you really need God he will answer your prayer. So I asked my friend so if you are in desert dieing of hunger would God feed you? He said "Yes". Well there you have it believe in God and never go hungry.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Not sure I would call it the dumbest,... maybe just very deluded...

Trying to explain the U.N scandel to a relative, I explained about the letter the U.N. issued concerning the JW involvment. She Said:

Well Candlelight, Who are you going to believe? The Governing Body, who we can trust with our lives? Or the United Nations and the News who are being used by Satan to slander God's Organization?

yeah... scary huh?

CL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

during a W/T study some years ago refering to worldly holidays etc, this big mouthed ,know it all sister called Christmas,"Paganalia" what a big mouthed stupid comment by the old battle-axe

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

A little like BDF's quote but here is another

"Prophesy is best seen when you are looking back in time".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit