What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard a JW say?

by Renegade 68 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

"It's a perfect organization, made up of imperfect people"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Even if it isn't true, "IT'S STILL THE BEST WAY OF LIVING."

Yeah - self deceit, lying to complete strangers after you knock on their door is the best way to live!!!!

HB

PS renegade -yeah I read Jane Austen's "Emma " too. 'spoiled for choice,' indeed.! The Borg is the Ultimate "Miss Bates" for its blathering nonsense!!

Unfortunately the Witchtower Babble and Trash Soc. Inc. are very very "handsome clever AND rich"!!

HB

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

"Where else would we go?"

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

I posted this in another thread but i think it applys here too!

I was told that the only reason I could be depressed was that I did something wrong and was feeling guilty about it!

I guess there is no medical reason to be depressed, just guilt!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I posted this in another thread but i think it applys here too!

I was told that the only reason I could be depressed was that I did something wrong and was feeling guilty about it!

I guess there is no medical reason to be depressed, just guilt!

Yeah, I was told something like this too! By several elders, who told me that if I was depressed and feeling suicidal (which is what I confessed to the elders, looking for help!) it was because I "wasn't studying enough, wasn't going in service enough, wasn't praying enough, wasn't faithful enough". Oh, and I had "brought it on myself for making such bad choices in life"! (I was newly reinstated.) Nice thing to say to someone asking for help, eh? Other stupid things I've heard: "Well, I hope you and your therapist are very happy together," my mom said in response to my explaining how much my therapist was helping me to feel good about myself and to realize what parts of my experience (of going through disfellowshipping) were not healthy. (I admit that I knew she wouldn't be happy to hear what I had to say, but come on! Her response is so childish!) "You sound just like the Pentecosts," in a scoffing tone - my mom again, when I explained to her how I thought everyone should just love each other and want their loved ones to be happy in life. Oh and my personal favorite: "Beware of the dangers of independent thinking!" I have been told this so many times by so many JW's, plus all the times they put it in their publications and speak it from the stage. So annoying! Oh, weird JW's, I feel sorry for you.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oh, and Low-Key Lysmith, yours made me laugh out loud, which is embarrassing, since I'm supposedly working on a boring project at work, and now it's obvious that I'm not!

My mom was the queen of saying things like that - so manipulative! So hilarious looking back!

• loosie
    loosie

My daughter asked an older sister one time why god doesn't talk to us anymore like he talked to Noah and Moses? She told my daughter. "Because we hurt his feelings"

I think we shoudl tell God to build a bridge and get over it.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Marriage should be banned until you are 40 (Elder's public talk)

No kissing before marriage.

Snakes will eat literal dust in the new system.

Lions will eat grass just like they used to!

(To householder) ...but the Wholly Babble is our main textbook!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Gooddess Rachel has probably hit on the most common dumb thing said. Elders who are too thick to know when they are out of their depth when dealing with depression.

"Pray more and do more field service" - Fine counsel to a suicidally depressed publisher - ME!

Another one; "He spent too much time listening to Heavy Metal" - said to me by an elder at the funeral of a 16 YO elders son who had gassed himself in a car.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

(1) Paying for littera-trash once when you pick it up and then again after placing it is not double donation.

(2) After hearing from the platform that the a$$emblies are a foretaste of the new Dark Ages and then being rejected by all the sisters at such a$$emblies, the hounders tell me that I cannot take that as indicative of what the New Dark Ages are going to be like. Which is a blatant contradiction of what was just said on the platform.

(3) Jehovah has something better in mind for me than sex and marriage (a blatant lie). The Value Destroyer Training School and the "privilege" of starting the whole world into the Second Dark Ages.

(4) Demons are lurking, waiting for an opportunity to possess anyone they can.

(5) The solution to your problems is going out in field circus more and studying washtowels and asleeps more.

(6) You have no right to consensual sex if you are not married (and that assumes both parties are of age). Even if you explicitly consent and the partner wants it, you are still violating the partner's right.

(7) People that commit fornication will want to never see each other again. (Which doesn't explain why many married people in the organization end up that way).

(8) If I am not doing ALL I possibly can in field circus to spread the cancer, I am "stealing the word of God".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit