What's Your MAIN Reason For Not Believing In "The Truth"?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mom says reasons for staying is because she learned the name of God to be Jehovah, no hellfire, purgatory, Trinity, etc....No other religion taught her that, especially did the Catholic church not teach her these things.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just got tired of hearing all the labels one day - this one is a pioneer, that one is a circuit overseer, this one is 'just' a publisher, and I thought, OMG, these are all just PEOPLE, the same as people are everywhere, who needs all these labels all the time? Regularly to hear Elder this and Elder that, and all the same there is supposedly no clergy/laity distinction among God's chosen people, we are all 'brothers'? What blatant doublespeak...EARS truly OPEN UP and all of a sudden, the EMPEROR really HAS NO CLOTHES!

• minimus
    minimus

I just HATE cults. I really do.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My mom says reasons for staying is because she learned the name of God to be Jehovah, no hellfire, purgatory, Trinity, etc....No other religion taught her that, especially did the Catholic church not teach her these things. That is me minimus - now of course it is family

• Layla33
    Layla33
    My mom says reasons for staying is because she learned the name of God to be Jehovah, no hellfire, purgatory, Trinity, etc....No other religion taught her that, especially did the Catholic church not teach her these things.

The name of God is not Jehovah, there is book that has about 200 different names for God. You don't need to join the JWs to dispute hellfire, Trinity and purgatory, there are many religions that believe the same thing. I feel for you, I really do - they really prey on people sometimes.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The math doesn't work for 1914 as well as their fantastic explanations about the date. The two classes of Christians, the math for the 144K doesn't add up, and the great leap of faith to prove it. The FDS, another fantastic story built on a phrase in one translation of the bible. A paradise won't work in their scenario and perfection is never promised in the Bible, another WT fantasy.

Those are the scriptural ones.

The realization that all decisions are made for the benefit of the corporation was the icing. Never has it ever given back or caretaken the flock. So if there was a direct channel from the King, it wouldn't be them.

Just can't seem to narrow it down to ONE. I think of one then 10 more pop into my head.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Past the need for a sky pappy.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Doctrinally speaking, the #1 thing on my list is that they teach that Jesus is NOT the mediator for all of mankind. He is only the mediator for the 144,000.

Non-doctrinally speaking, it's all of the things that they've done and all of their false prophecies that they fail to own up to.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I went to a Catholic school when I was a kid and they taught us that God's name is Jehovah. W

• M.J.
    M.J.

"My mom says reasons for staying is because she learned the name of God to be Jehovah, no hellfire, purgatory, Trinity, etc."

And if you ask a follower of Herbert W. Armstrong, they'll say to the death that they learned that we must observe the Sabbath and the Ten Commandments. They'll judge all other religions on the basis of these "first biggie" doctrines they learned when going through the creation of their cult identity. These are "identity definers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit