What's Your MAIN Reason For Not Believing In "The Truth"?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hypocrisy is not cool.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Any religion that breaks up family can't be the truth! You shouldn't hate your mother, father, brother, or sister etc... Just because they don't believe in what you believe in. If you haven't been mistreated by your love ones, why shun them? That's just not right!

Turning in time slips to show that you love God is not right! That's just plain crazy!

Feeling paranoid everytime someone knocks on your door is not right! If I didn't go to the meeting, I shouldn't have to explain why I didn't go!

Having to have a blood transfusion/s is not eating blood!

Letting someone else make your family decisions is wrong! WTF!??

I could go on and on...

• BenV
    BenV

Hi Alpaca

By the way, have you guys seen this quote? Can't remember where I saw it or said it, but it is great.
    Trust those who are searching for the truth, mistrust those who have found it!!!!

I see Galileo has already posted the author, Andre Gide. Although I've heard it translated as: "We must always follow somebody looking for truth, and we must always run away from anyone who finds it."

These days -- I'm not following anybody, nobody, nothing. I rather like Nietzsche's quote: "Truths are illusions that we have forgotten are illusions."

Ben (jaded)

• parlay
    parlay

Willful deception, blantant contradictions and hypocrisy.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The FACT that they're NOT the Truth. John 14:6

When you do finally find the Truth, however... or rather, when you are finally found by him... and both can occur... nothing else will come close. Everything else will fall short.

But that's to be expected, isn't it, I mean, if it really IS the Truth?

Peace, all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• fairchild
    fairchild

My doubt started when they invented a new definition for the word "generation". No matter how you twist and turn it, a generation is a generation. Period.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

The seats at the Kingdom Hall were too hard.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Could never figure out why the GB would say their just ordinary imperfect men, when we're all supposed to act as if they're not. As if everything they do and say is somehow coming from Jehovah himself.

When I queried this, I got the stock answer of "Well, Moses was an imperfect man who was used by God - so are the GB"

Took me a while to figure out that even though Moses was imperfect, when he spoke for God, he NEVER got it wrong.

• IKnowNothing
    IKnowNothing

The parable of the man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31, which is a parable about the afterlife. The Watchtower claims this is not a vision of an afterlife. It is a symbolic parable of a change in circumstance for the Pharisees and the common Jew. The Pharisees who were formerly favored by God are no longer so with the coming of Christ. Wrong! The Pharisees Christ rails against were never in God's favor. Lazarus is put at the rich man's gate and he does nothing to help Lazarus in vivid contrast to the parable of the Good Samaritan where the Samaritan does help his neighbor. If this parable were merely symbolic, the power of the final verse of Chapter 16 which contains a direct reference to Christ is lost. Christ literally died. The rich man died and he was buried. Christ would not use a parable about an afterlife is there was no afterlife. The parable is a warning of what lies ahead for those who do not love their neighbor.

I am not a JW, but I have had a JW giving me bible lessons for the past year and a half. At our last and final meeting, I asked if the JW's ran a formal charity I could donate to to help the disaster victims in Mayanmar. He said the Watchtower is the charity, they have no separate organization for charity work. An enterprise which has around 20 various separate legal entities (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_instruments_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses ) has not a single one devoted to helping the Lazarus' of the world.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What's Your MAIN Reason For Not Believing In "The Truth"?

I started reading my Bible instead of Watchtower Society publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit