What's Your MAIN Reason For Not Believing In "The Truth"?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Revelation 3
    To Sardis

1 Write this to Sardis, to the Angel of the church. The One holding the Seven Spirits of God in one hand, a firm grip on the Seven Stars with the other, speaks: "I see right through your work. You have a reputation for vigor and zest, but you're dead, stone-dead.

2 -3 "Up on your feet! Take a deep breath! Maybe there's life in you yet.But I wouldn't know it by looking at your busywork;nothing ofGod's work has been completed. Your condition is desperate. Think of the gift you once had in your hands, the Message you heard with your ears—grasp it again and turn back to God.

"If you pull the covers back over your head and sleep on, oblivious to God, I'll return when you least expect it, break into your life like a thief in the night.

When I read the above, I immediately think of the WTS.

Unless they repent and turn to Christ and acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior, I want no more to do with them.

Sylvia

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

After doing all the research, I could no longer stay in a faith that was deceitful. I could no longer say they had the truth when clearly they didn't.

• minimus
    minimus

The Catholic Church would be out then.

• undercover
    undercover

minimus...you agitator you...

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

Hi, you sound interesting.....no hell fire,,,,no trinity....anything else??? Do you base this onfeelings? on scripture....which ones? I was a jw FROM 1931 TO 1981. YOU? PINK.

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

Hi, again....my message above was for "Still a JW"......sorry...I am new at posting. Please forgive my mistakes, Still. I can't seem to get comfortabe w/ it yet.

• alexb123
    alexb123

My answer here would be evolution. For many year I did not believe it but still studied new developments. I became more and more convinced that it was a correct and highly provable theory. I also find out that the creation book was written in 1984 or something. It is so out of date and so fall of holes that it is nothing more than a book of lies.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The Catholic Church would be out then.

I don't think there's any perfect church. I am not Catholic. I think Jesus would have a bone to pick with anyone who behaves like a Pharisee.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Because they are a bunch of killjoys???

No, just joking.

In the end it came down to confusing double speak. Their endless need to justify what was essentially a judgemental, unkind and unloving cult. Love was unconditional, but only if you loved Jehovah in return. People of the 'world' required our love and help, but you should not associate with them, as they were influenced by the devil. They fell down because they insisted JW were the only religion showing Christ Like love...and yet they were more likely to turn their back on others than most other religions.

Also - i guess - because I don't think God exists (but that is a whole other kettle of fish)

Suffice to say, for years, I would listen at meetings, but instead of coming away full of 'spiritual food' I came away feeling EMPTY.

• done4good
    done4good

They don't teach truth. If they did, they would not need to protect it from scrutiny.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit