"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    1. We invaded a sovereign state.

I see you're of the opinion that torturing and murdering your way into dictatorial control constitutes a legitimate government. In that case, we certainly did much wrong to the third Reich and you must be sorry for that, right?

2. We destablized a stable sovereign state.

Jehovah's Witnesses have a stable organization. I see you approve.

• JH
    JH

"Why does America always bomb other countries?"
    KaBoom !!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Jezus you guys are killing me.

I see you're of the opinion that torturing and murdering your way into dictatorial control constitutes a legitimate government. In that case, we certainly did much wrong to the third Reich and you must be sorry for that, right?

It is the peoples responsibility to rise up. The Third Reich was an aggressor, invading countries by the hand full. We are the aggressor in this case, like the Third Reich.

I dont give a spit whether the JW org stays or goes down. Yes you are right.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Kinda like expecting law and order and getting looting instead. Wishful thinking meets reality.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    "Why does America always bomb other countries?"

This is only my opinion and how I view America/The World. Instead of trying to write an essay, I'll merely cascade down what I think are the basic drivers of why we are at where we are today.

• Many Americans no longer show much backbone as they did in earlier 'War' decades (i.e 60's & 70's)
    • Americans are so caught up in living better lives than everyone else.
    • In order to maintain our lifestyles, we need lots of money and good credit scores.
    • By demonstrating against or pissing off the government(violating the patriot act?), we are scared that we might end up in jail or prison.
    • If we're in jail, we cannot work. If we cannot work, we cannot pay our bills. If we cannot pay our bills, our credit becomes screwed. If our credit becomes screwed, everything in our lives for the next decade or further out costs us much more so we end up having to work more to make more money. If we die broke and in debt, we cannot leave anything for our children.
    • The government says the "terrorists" want to come over here to kill us and that we need to support the government in any way to protect us.
    • Giving "full-fledged" support to the government means that we are "patriotic."
    • If we disagree with our government's foreign policy, we are viewed as "unpatriotic" by our peers, friends, coworkers, relatives, and others.
    • If we are viewed as "unpatriotic," the "patriotic" ones automatically dismiss anything we say and chastise us for "siding with the terrorists."
    • By giving in to peer pressure and not wanting to be viewed as "unpatriotic," we keep our mouths shut and plod along in our lives doing nothing.
    • The government now expects this and only has to deal with a few "bloggers" acting out over the internet. No massive demonstrations of any real importance are encountered any longer. The "unpatriotic" ones figure, "What's the use?"
    • Because no one is willing to stand up to the government, those in charge can now act out on any military-backed commercial enterprise they wish. Even if this means invading and controlling another sovereign nation that did not attack us, so be it. As long as we can control another nation's natural resources, the hidden backers of those who control the military can sit back and watch their profits come in.

I really could keep rolling with these, but I'm beginning to make myself sick and depressed. The horse I backed in the present race was effectively euthanized from the word 'go.' His followers were labeled as kooks and all other forms of derogatory names by the media. But yet he was the only candidate which was firmly opposed to policing the world, maintaining a military presence across the globe, nation building(EMPIRE BUILDING), and the taking away our most basic freedoms(habeas corpus) in the name of protecting us against the "terrorists." His unmatched economic scholarship and outlook firmly pointed to the mess we are in today. He saw this financial doom and gloom scenario coming and was laughed off the stage for persistently mentioning it. I read a few days ago that McCain said that we needed to get back to the basics and follow our country's founding principles. I almost pissed my pants from laughing so much. I thought, "He just pulled out the same "kooky" statement that Ron Paul used everywhere he went."

Our country is so f**ked up politically it's not even funny anymore to make fun of it. This is serious business these days, literally. Business interests drive our "wars." Spreading "freedom and democracy" is code for "propping up governments that are friendly to Western business." Whether it be oil, gas, or any other resource - natural or otherwise - as long as we can control what helps make our country tick, Americans can continue their lavish lifestyles.(lavish compared to some others)

So to answer the previous question on why do we always bomb other countries, that's easy. We have a military juggernaut at the disposal of corportate backed finger puppets in governmental office. Just say the word and it is done. Doesn't matter the mess it puts us in or the amount of debt the country falls into. As long as the few who control these wars make their money, that's all that counts. If someone honestly thinks that we are simply trying to spread freedom and democracy in other countries, you really need to rethink that position. Because there are several "Western friendly" countries that are worse off than Iraq was under Saddam. If it's truly about F&D, then either one of two things are not quite right here. Either we have double-standards for certain other countries, or we just care about how much money we can make by overthrowing governments that do not give in the USA's whims. Take your pick, because those are the only two options.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Damn. Sometimes I am embarrassed to be an American. The gentleman had a sincere question that, truth be told, many Americans ask. Anyone in America that does not give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of us, is an idiot who needs to grow up, or better yet grow a brain.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Bring! We did invade a sovereign state!! That can not be denied. How many other countries are guilty of heinous acts against the populous?? Shall we run over them all????????????? What if another nation decided WE needed to be taught a lesson???

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

It is the peoples responsibility to rise up. The Third Reich was an aggressor, invading countries by the hand full. We are the aggressor in this case, like the Third Reich.

The Third Reich was a peaceful organization which finally brought unity to Europe. The various governments surrendered and dissolved themselves to be a part of it. (by your logic). The United States was TOTALLY uninvolved in this transaction, yet we sailed all the way across the sea to invade and impose "our" will on Europe, even though the third Reich NEVER attacked the United States, we had no cause to invade them. They were a stable and extremely prosperous super-nation until we fucked it up.

I dont give a spit whether the JW org stays or goes down. Yes you are right.

I know you don't give a spit. That's ok, but I worry about the 25 million Iraqi's you would fuck, just so you can demonstrate how worthless you are.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The Third Reich was a peaceful organization which finally brought unity to Europe. The various governments surrendered and dissolved themselves to be a part of it. (by your logic). The United States was TOTALLY uninvolved in this transaction, yet we sailed all the way across the sea to invade and impose "our" will on Europe, even though the third Reich NEVER attacked the United States, we had no cause to invade them. They were a stable and extremely prosperous super-nation until we fucked it up.

This is too ridiculous to address, but anyway.

but I worry about the 25 million Iraqi's you would fuck,

As is this.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow. The Nazi's had a plan to take over the world. I've actually seen the propaganda films they showed to their troops, with big swooping red arrows engulfing first Europe, and then the rest. Iraq was in noooooooooooo such position. Iraq's biggest mistake, was being in the middle of a frickin' oil field.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit