"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I try not to confuse the governmental policies of a country with the individuals that live in it. Actually, few of us have any real control over the decisions in our government, short of voting and calling those that represent us with our views. I happen to be represented by the one person in Congress that did not vote for the Iraq war. But it takes more than 1 vote.

Blondie

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    I couldn't give a shit what anti-American assholes think of us, Especially from Europe

I think that sums up what the rest of the world think is the general American opinion. The problem is over here Mr average doesn't differentiate between the Government and the people. It seems as though if a US citizen has a problem with what America is doing they blame the government, whereas over here in Europe, if we have a problem we blame America as a whole, government, people and society in general.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well said blondie. Two great minds must think alike

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Americans don't like facing the fact that regardless of what it is called, their government is imperilistic. It protects its own interests. As any country does. What creates the problem is that when America stands tall and proud and lectures the world on freedom and democracy, while actively supporting, funding, and engaging other governments to step on their own populace's throats to thrwart freedom. America (the corporation) is only interested in "freedom and democracy" so long as it doesn't interfere with the free flow of moneys, profits, and commodities (oil).

To convince Joe American that he is a "god fearin Christian" they wave the flag, and convince them that by putting an American flag bumper-sticker on their Ford F150 that gets 14 mpg that says "Support Our Troops", they are actually doing something. America Inc, Exxon Corp, Blackwater Inc, and the Saudi Royal family make billions on Joe (Ignorant) American feeling "proud" over his country.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    You all would be speaking German right now if we didn't get involved in WW2. Not to turn this thread into a Europe bashing thing, but come on.

The US government is becoming that very regime. Only difference is it started an imperial march across the ocean instead of across the border into Poland Mexico. The US is the aggressor. The US is the terrorist.

Patriotism is not love of your government Free. It is love of your country. There is a difference you know?

• Free
    Free

Well Dildo oh, I mean Digderidoo I never knew BOTH of my Grandfathers ,I'll give you one guess you asshole.

• dinah
    dinah

Ummm, because we can?

• JK666
    JK666

It's what we do.

Switzerland is next.

Free Piaget's for everybody!

JK

• BFD
    BFD

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

This thread reminded me of the above quote from Eisenhower.

BFD

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    Well Dildo oh, I mean Digderidoo I never knew BOTH of my Grandfathers ,I'll give you one guess you asshole.

I am an asshole because?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit