"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

DIG, I just felt you could have given your son and answer of some kind...,,I can't read all of the thread or I would be here to half a day. As you can see you have many comments for this thread. Most Americans are independent thinkers. How Bush ever got elected for second term, I will never understand. I am using Mozilla so I cannot make paragraphs. I fear Obama will turn my country into a cowardly Lion and let the radicals take over while he does nothing, I see Obama as a weak leader.. If that happens then the American people will have to stand up and fight in the streets like "Beruit" is doing today. That's not what I want for my country. Yes, I want our soldiers to come home and the Iraqi people to learn to defend their own country but they have religious issues that need to be worked out so they can work together instead of against each other. Freedom of religion is not their cup of tea. If the terrorist want Americans to leave Iraq then they should leave the Iraqi people alone. Yes I know, we should have left Saddam alone but it's to late now.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    DIG, I just felt you could have given your son and answer of some kind...,,I can't read all of the thread or I would be here to half a day.

If you did read the thread you will also see that i have said we talked at depth, you cannot say that i didn't give him an answer of some kind. I do not talk to any of my children about political or current issues without talking at depth about the affairs that surround these issues. You have completely misunderstood our converstion if you think that i replied with I DONT KNOW. I have never said that this is the answer i gave him.

Paul

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I began reading this thread, and soon tired of the anti-American rhetoric that threads like these tend to breed. My response would be this. Yes, America has bombed a number of countries, even using atomic bombs on Japan. However, America also instituted the Marshall plan at the end of World War Two which helped Germany regain its economic footing, and averted the error that the World War One allies foisted on Germany after that war's armistice. The United States also helped Japan in the same manner after World War Two. I would also point out that Many countries have bombed other countries, including Great Britain. However, it appears that only America is stuck with the big bad country label. Why is this the case?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I am sure he would enjoy a discussion of British bombings in relation to the Falklands war!

BTS I have many issues with Britains foreign policy, especially the way we have entered the war in Iraq, however I have no issues with the way Britain acted in the Falklands War.

However, it appears that only America is stuck with the big bad country label. Why is this the case

America has the fire power to do whatever it pleases, irrespective of the international community will.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

"However, it appears that only America is stuck with the big bad country label. Why is this the case
    America has the fire power to do whatever it pleases, irrespective of the international community will."

Yes, I agree. Great Britain could have had that same fire power had it won the Revolutionary War. It didn't and America grew to the super power it is now. All any of the former world powers has to do to dethrone America is rise up, and takes its place among that pantheon of nations.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    OK IP_ FOR PREZ, He seems smarter then you do Beksbks. You guys can fight it out with your over developed brains.

Oh Free! You're just being sexist. You can't handle the idea of a woman on top.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    I seem to have picked up a tailgater. Should I slam the brakes? Back off or I'll call the cops.

Hehe, I've overtaken you long before. Now I'm enjoying the view of a squadron of bombed ships in my rearview mirror. RIP. A Barcass never turns out ineffective.

• Free
    Free

I love women on top . Sorry I said IP was smarter then you. This thread got me a little hot

• 5go
    5go
    "However, it appears that only America is stuck with the big bad country label. Why is this the case
    America has the fire power to do whatever it pleases, irrespective of the international community will."

Yes, I agree. Great Britain could have had that same fire power had it won the Revolutionary War. It didn't and America grew to the super power it is now. All any of the former world powers has to do to dethrone America is rise up, and takes its place among that pantheon of nations.

How one forgets Britain is still viewed in the world as a big bad country only in deep decline. The US has just started it's decline. Also France was considered during the 60's and 70's and is still to a lesser extent especially by the American right.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    How one forgets Britain is still viewed in the world as a big bad country only in deep decline. The US has just started it's decline. Also France was considered during the 60's and 70's and is still to a lesser extent especially by the American right.

France? Please! France stopped being a world power when it invented those famous tanks with one forward moving gear and six reverse gears.

Britain's role as world power ended in the late 40s and early 50s.

The only power that I see as removing the USA from its perch is China, and a possible conglomerate of Islamo-fascist nations led by Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit