"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Americans are hideously lazy. They take prosperity for granted and don't appreciate that their prosperity was paid for with the blood of their predecessors. They are proud of their economic, cultural, and temporal ignorance.

The USA has been the dominant power on Earth for a very SHORT time. History has shown that world powers seldom stay on top for long. The Roman Empire was the exception... not the rule.

I only hope the system stays intact for another 60 years or so, so that I'll be gone when everything comes crashing down and only my kids have to deal with it. :-)

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Double post... So that's how it happens. Huzzah!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I think everyone should be forced by law to the ballot box as they do in Australia. People have died in many countries so that you, me and the next person can vote. Not to vote in my opinion is disrespecting those lives that have been laid down in the name of democracy.

If when your there you want to void your ballot paper or write "none of the above", thats your democratic right, but you should go if only to honour those who have died to defend your freedom.

Paul

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

dig...most thoughtful words in the thread. Your sons have a good father.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Paul,

Now do you really deep down feel that people should be forced to vote???Now tell this isn't so.What if every candidate is a joke for human deciency do you still have to vote?

Do we have to play by the rules of any government that's what freedom means to me not just some corupt form of capitalism masquarading freedom for chioces a and b.

You do understand any freedom offered by the US is subject to a debate of fools against people that lets just say know better.

And thank god for the internet and the hope it offers for peaceful understanding to occur put it all out in public and let them decide not just the rich but all.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Now do you really deep down feel that people should be forced to vote???Now tell this isn't so.What if every candidate is a joke for human deciency do you still have to vote?

Yes you do. People have died so that you, me and everyone else can vote.

This principle i have puts me in a dilemma. My post JW life, i have always voted labour, i still have labour principles, but due to the war in Iraq, the ego of Gordon Brown and his self centred attitude i will not be voting for him at the next election. I will never vote conservative, they stand for everything i don't. The liberal democrats to me are a sit on the fence party. In my area that only leaves BNP(right wing fascists) or UKIP (xenophobic conservatives).

So even if i go to the ballot box and write "none of the above", at least that's respectful to those who have died to defend my freedom to be there in the first place.

Paul

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well if it makes you feel better and you will be relativly safe I say do it. I for Obama now.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

like all other empires , if it is swords or canon or bombs - or suicide bombers, sadly men kill other men. The US is no worse and no better than other empires of then past history

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I seem to have missed quite a nice little party!

I say, lets stop the bombing! Let's withdraw from NATO, and the UN! Being global police and guaranteeing the safety of the world's liberal democracies has proven to be a thankless and expensive task. The Euros seem to have enjoyed our aegis so much that theu have downsized their defense capabilities and spent their America-backed peace dividend on a comfy welfare state instead!

We've got nice neighbors here in the US. No need to maintain a large military! We also have two beautiful shining seas to separate us from the nasty Eurasian continent with it's ancient squabbles and rivalries. Africa, of course, is an afterthought! Not to worry. With current birthrates in the EU, Russia, and China, the African and Arabic nations will have plenty of empty real estate to the north to enjoy.

Let them attend to their own affairs!

BTS

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I think everyone should be forced by law to the ballot box as they do in Australia. People have died in many countries so that you, me and the next person can vote. Not to vote in my opinion is disrespecting those lives that have been laid down in the name of democracy.

You think wrong.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit