"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

By the same token, it's always surprising to me how one's intense hatred of what the WTS stands for (mind-control cultish behavior) carries over into the same mindset toward their own country. They never challenge their own view because they are absolutely certain that America is behind everything that's wrong in the world. Well said journey-on. I would add to that people that whine the loudest yet don't vote. If that isn't a product of dumb mind control cultish behaviour. Yeah whine a lot but don't vote, thats gonna change the world. BTW Indo are you a registered voter?

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    BTW Indo are you a registered voter?

Yes. I voted for Kerry in the last election and voted for Hillary in this primary in PA a few weeks ago. Not only do I vote but I volunteered, and donated to 2 candidates so far. It wasn't much since I don't make huge money yet and have grad school to pay for. I would have voted for Gore had I been old enough at the time. The war in the middle east will end up costing us/Americans over $2 trillion. (By some estimates as high as $2.5 or $3.0 trillion) At $2 trillion that equals out to be $ 6,700 for every man woman and child in the USA, or $ 26,800 for a family of 4. All of the money squandered for what?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    All of the money squandered for what?

The second largest oil reserves in the world, behind Saudi Arabia, who, by the way, may be running out of oil.

Warlock

• journey-on
    journey-on
    All of the money squandered for what?

....(sigh)...

None of us alive today will ever KNOW how history will judge this decade. Perhaps it will say it was a small price to pay for the magnificent changes

that resulted.......perhaps not. You may be long dead before the causality is apparent.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Indo I'm glad you are a voter, I equate non-voting much more with being a mind control cultist then with a persons political leanings or patriotism. There are great patriots in both parties, in the military and in civilian life. It doesn't make you a brain dead cult follower, it makes you someone who cares enough about your country that you will participate. The election in 2004 wasn't won or lost by the people that voted it was lost by all the non-voting blow hards (the majority) who were to lazy to get off their ass and get to a voting booth.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

None of us alive today will ever KNOW how history will judge this decade. Perhaps it will say it was a small price to pay for the magnificent changes

that resulted.......perhaps not. You may be long dead before the causality is apparent.

That certainly is true; however we can use history as a guide to understand the implications of similar current events. My guess is that much like the Vietnam war the Iraq war will bring about more fundamental changes in America vs. the "opponent". By in large the Republican party is probably vanquished from power for 20 to 30 years due to this administration, which is unfortunate. The true Republicans never had a shot at forming the govt into their ideal, as the party was hijacked by religious nut jobs. I consider myself to be a very pro-business, progressive, Democrat. Govt should stay out of the marketplace for all but the barest of essentials.

By late next year both our budgets and military will be at a breaking point. America's war in Iraq will be ending shortly, regardless of who's in the Oval Office. The key is what will happen late next year when our forces need to drawn down in Iraq to 50,000 to 60,000 at most since that is all we will be able to support. Does all out civil war break out? My bet is yes. But who knows?

• greendawn
    greendawn

America is not really being governed by the president or the supreme elected bodies but rather by a concealed group that has immense wealth and through it overwhelming influence. The president can not defy that group but has to obey their agenda or else will be crashed and removed by actual or character assassination.

As for America meddling in other countries that's the same old imperialistic game going on since time immemorial, same game different players. The real rulers of America want to expand their control as much as they can in the world but fortunately there will always be checks and balances, one single world power dominating everything, whichever that would be, is something extremely dangerous and undesirable.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    Who r u wrote: Indo I'm glad you are a voter, I equate non-voting much more with being a mind control cultist then with a persons political leanings or patriotism. There are great patriots in both parties, in the military and in civilian life. It doesn't make you a brain dead cult follower, it makes you someone who cares enough about your country that you will participate. The election in 2004 wasn't won or lost by the people that voted it was lost by all the non-voting blow hards (the majority) who were to lazy to get off their ass and get to a voting booth.

Unfortunately I don't think getting them off their lazy asses simply to vote would change much. Is a massive influx of uninformed voters "good"? As I have posted elsewhere, let's be honest; America's elections are nothing more than popularity contests. How many voters do you really know that are up to speed on most of the issues, and where each candidate stands on them? The most qualified candidates get eliminated pretty quickly. It's about TV personnas. So it takes more than 15 minutes once every 4 years to "do something" in my opinion. How to get more people to sit up and take notice of real issues? I can't answer that. No idea.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

The influx of voters that Obama brought in is a perfect example of how and why getting people involved is important in an election year. He changed the complexion of the whole race. Popularity contest? Barrack Obama is leading because of his position on the war which is what most people consider to be a real issue.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The subjugation of palestinians in Israel territory is very sad.

The taking of the land ffrom the occupantsof Palestine cannot be justified but now "Israel Republic" exists and civilians living in Israel should not have to live terrorized.(even some opossers of Israel admit)

At one time Palestinians were treated with compassion by the "Israeli" army but Palestinian fighters took that opportunity to fill ambulances with bombs and Palestenians seeking medical help. women and children prtending to need help to bomb israeli citizen. THose acts ended compassion and now innocent palestinians must suffer. The army is now forced to act that way to protect Isreali citizens I have been told. Why take a chance they reason?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit