Diary of a thinking to return ex-Jw

by reniaa 223 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi there, Can I ask you a question? Oops, too late. I'll ask you another one: Is it important to you whether or not Jehovah's Witnesses have truth? Apologies if this has been covered in posts you've previously made, but it's important to my answer here. I await your reply.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    not quite the fire and brimstone welcome this site led me to believe would happen.

That says it all....your decision to return was allready made...you came here to please your sister... you haven't accepted, nor belived anything you read or have been told....

Of course there was no fire and brimstone...that comes later...if you go back with the attitude you have shown here you will be df...count on it...

other side of the coin, hope it works out for you, doubt it though.....all the best...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Best wishes to you.

Will you still be able to discuss spiritual matters with the board after you return to the Watchtower Society?

• oompa
    oompa
    Reniaa: I might face DF or at least a JC but definately a couple of elders questioning me over what i've been upto these last few years - None of these have happened

Reniaa, I am sure that some apostate thinking or inclined person here was probably just trying to scare you from going back. It would be very unusual for elders to jump on a sinful returner right away, but when they have to meet with you later to address your past sins....you should embrace it......it is for your own spiritual good. Don't feel like a dog returning to it's own vomit, you probably just did not understand JW teachings clearly enough the first time around. Their teachings have gotten MUCH easier to understand now, as there has been a lot of new clarifying light on things.

Thanks for your posts here and it was nice knowing you....PLEASE do not be tempted to ever come back to JWD or use the internet anymore once you go back, as that could hinder the help of the Holy Spirit they will be praying for on your behalf. Learn all you can about their new teachings, but ONLY use their literature, and never compare the information with any non-JW sources.....you will be much happier that way....trust me. You are about to re-enter a journey to incredible spiritual bliss, I so envy you..........good luck.............oompa

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Honesty.... I don't believe that she will be discussing spiritual issues here or anywhere else for that matter. I do NOT believe by anything that she has posted that she is a spiritual person. I think that she is just a needy soul that craves acceptance for her lot in life. Her life is one of peaks and valleys with many valleys.

NMG

• real one
    real one

Thanks for your posts here and it was nice knowing you....PLEASE do not be tempted to ever come back to JWD or use the internet anymore once you go back, as that could hinder the help of the Holy Spirit they will be praying for on your behalf. Learn all you can about their new teachings, but ONLY use their literature, and never compare the information with any non-JW sources.....you will be much happier that way....trust me. You are about to re-enter a journey to incredible spiritual bliss, I so envy you..........good luck.............oompa

oompa! you crack me up all the time.

I was very hurt when i was called a TROLL when i first came here and found out what it mean't. i vowed never to call anyone that....anyway

I agree with oompa Reniaa would make a wonderful jw. She has all the qualities they look for in a good witness

since she has been here she has been an apologetic for them. She has found no truth on this site as she has admitted to and her sister if a jw should be turned in to the bros as soon as possible for being an apostate.

don't forget to turn in your time turn in your time Reinaa

• oompa
    oompa
    Real one: oompa! you crack me up all the time.

It's nice to have a purpose in life!.........now do a brief profile!..........oompa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

not quite the fire and brimstone welcome this site led me to believe would happen.

If you have been out for 10 years it is normal for them to welcome you back with open arms, with no judicial action. A young brother in my congregation was known to be fornicating for several years, but had no difficulty being accepted back when he started to return to meetings.

Tell the elders though that you have doctrinal doubts, and see if the elders opinion of you changes.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Reniaa,

Life is about choices. You reap what you sow. If it makes you feel better to go back, then go back. But, remember,

there will be repurcussions. They may come in a form you may not like later on and you will think back, "Man! I should

have thought this through a little harder....why, oh why, did I ever return to this insanity!?"

But, then again, you may feel a great relief and happiness that you went back.

If you perceive your past life as "sinful", perhaps you are looking for some way to feel better about your past mistakes,

and by returning to a religion that makes you suffer (in more ways than one), you think you are somehow being absolved

from your "sins". Do what you need to do....but, remember....every action has its reaction. Best of luck to you. (I can say "luck",

but JWs aren't allowed to use that expression.....just one little small tiny reminder of the control you will soon face.)

• Open mind
    Open mind

reniaa,

You've latched onto a couple opinions someone told you on JWD and came away with this:

"THIS SITE led me to believe would happen".

See the huge logic leap?

You've gone from a couple opinions to "THIS SITE".

Here's my $.02 and you probably already got a similar run down from someone else, but you've chosen to zero in on the opinions that best support your desire to return to the JWs. Very understandable, BTW, I'd probably do the same thing.

You've done a successful fade.

The only way you would face a JC is if you came back acting like you want to be known as a JW but are still practicing a DFable sin.

As for two elders wanting to have a talk with you, here's the trip wire when that will DEFINITELY happen:

Reactivation as a publisher.

Unless they are totally blowing off the rules, they are REQUIRED to sit down with you and make sure your current lifestyle is in harmony with Bible principles as defined by the JWs. If they don't, the CO on his next visit, will want to know about who was reactivated and what your back story is. If they didn't get it, he'll chew them out and make sure they come knocking.

So, as long as you just want to attend some meetings sporadically, there's a great chance they won't ask to sit down with you "just for a minute to ask you a couple questions". ;-) But if you start publishing again, it's required. But, hey, it's no biggie. As long as you're not currently doing anything DFable they'll just say "Hey we're glad you're back." It won't be like a JC as long as you're currently willing to toe the party line.

As for all the controlling stuff some have mentioned, you'll probably avoid that as long as you're not trying to be "exemplary". That's when the clothing, speech, thought police will come out in full force.

As long as your eyes are open and you know what you're signing on for, I wish you well.

Personally, if it wasn't for my family, I'd never set foot in a KH again.

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit