Diary of a thinking to return ex-Jw

by reniaa 223 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reneii

The Bible nowhere states that Jesus is God?

Hebrews 1- in the NWT

7 Also, with reference to the angels he says: “And he makes his angels spirits, and his public servants a flame of fire.” 8 But with reference to the Son: “God is your throne forever and ever, and [the] scepter of your kingdom is the scepter of uprightness. 9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners.” 10 And: “You at [the] beginning, O Lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands. 11 They themselves will perish, but you yourself are to remain continually; and just like an outer garment they will all grow old, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as an outer garment; and they will be changed, but you are the same, and your years will never run out.”

Unarguably the Father is the one being quoted here in what he has said to the angels and the Son. Notice what he says to the Son in verses 10-12. This is quoting Psalms 102:25-27 (NWT):

24 I proceeded to say: “O my God,
    Do not take me off at the half of my days;
    Your years are throughout all generations.

25 Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself,
    And the heavens are the work of your hands.

26 They themselves will perish, but you yourself will keep standing;
    And just like a garment they will all of them wear out.
    Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will finish their turn.

27 But you are the same, and your own years will not be completed.

28 The sons of your servants will continue residing;
    And before you their own offspring will be firmly established.”

Check out check out ch 102 right from verse one thru the end and you will see it is all a prayer to Jehovah. The exact words that David applies to Jehovah in a prayer are applied directly to Jesus by the Father in Hebrews. ALSO- this is an act of dishonesty by the WT in this translation. They claim that in 'restoring' the Divine name to the New testament, or Christian greek Scriptures, they replace all occurences of Lord (Kyrios) with Jehovah IF that New Testament verse is a quotation of an OT verse that bears the Divine name. Inarguably this is an OT verse that does this. So, if the WT were honest and consistent and did this Hebrews 1:10-12 would have the Father calling the Son by the Divine name, Jehovah.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

reniaa, I will say this to you, I won't give you the personal responsibility spiel, I do believe that your Watchtower involvement from the beginning pushed you to the point where you have been. I don't blame you fully, I think alot of it rests on the organization that you love so much.

There are plenty of moral people in this world, even a few atheists, you don't need the JW's to be a moral person, in fact this 'religion" seems to have the opposite effect. For a religion that preaches sexual morality it is riddled with high divorce rates, pedophilia and so forth.

Normal childhood development is stunted in this religion, and the legacy it leaves behind is staggering. If you think you are the only JW who fornicated, had children out wedlock, etc etc etc, well you are not.

Alot of JW's go hog wild once they leave the religion, it is unfortunate but understandable considering the mind games they play with the young people.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Tell me one thing. Do you intend to sanctify Jesus as Jehovah in your heart?

Research hint:

Philippians 2:10,11 quoting Isaiah 45:23 "Jesus Christ is Jehovah to the glory...."

1 Peter 3:15 based on Isaiah 8:13 SHOULD be "But sanctify the Christ as Jehovah in your hearts." "

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/jws_real_jesus.html

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good job Mr. Ben------reniaa should read any other bible besides the NWT. If she were to read the greek, she would see that they did not render the words consistently. The very same thing that they accuse other translations of (KJV especially), they are guilty as well, and even more so.

If the NWT rendered the logos and kyrios and Ho theos consistently, then the argument in favor of the trinity would seem more believable. If you "doctor" all the scriptures up, then yeah it is going to make the trinity appear unsupportable.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Reniaa,

Men have treated me badly too. They are responsible for their own actions. I am responsible for my actions...and for letting them into my life.

This obviously doesnt apply in the case of child abuse. I'm talking about adult relationships.

If you keep denying your own responsibility it will keep happening to you.

Sirona

• nelly136
    nelly136

or you could just hang here indefinately talking about going back, keep the jws hanging on in the hopes that youre going back, they'll keep talking to you just in case they can persuade you to go back, and pepes here will keep talking to you 'just in case' they can talk you out of going back.

s'all good.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    pepes here will keep talking to you 'just in case' they can talk you out of going back.

It's a reply generator...keep talking about how the org is the only way or the one true religion and that you're gonna go back...someday soon, just don't know when but real soon...and watch the replies come in and keep coming (yeah mine too ). It's a shortcut route to popularity on the board...not a good tactic sometimes but it works for some and it's working real good for this lady here.

Keep up the good work Reniaa!

Josie ~ tongue firmly in cheek and thinking just maybe she should do the same...naaaaaaaah!

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

JWFacts: The World Wide Church now does believe in a triune God and have apologized to Christians for condemning them.

http://www.wcg.org/lit/aboutus/beliefs/#God

It's 73 min long but this is so worth watching -Called to be Free: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAtvE1xiRk

I believe in the trinity. I also believe in the possibility that the 144,000 are literal Jews that will go throughout the world to speak to their own people about Jesus. Many Jews are coming to Christ. The Jews have remained the chosen people. At the death of Jesus, Gentiles were grafted into the same tree. Read Ephesians 2:11-22

Both the great crowd and the 144,000 have the same (one) hope. Revelations 7:9

Both these topics are special to me, the trinity and the Juidaism. Renaia, If you want I can put something together for you. It will take some time but I had planned on doing it anyway.

Please take your time in committing either way. With a new baby I worry that you may be overextending yourself. Please take the time to seek real truth. You don't need to make any hasty decisions.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Mr Ben: Romans 14:11 - I include this also to be a part of the scriptures you quoted.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Reniaa,

Ok, you totally MISSED MY POINT.

So, let me "put the cookies down where you can reach em"???

Ok, life inside the Borg, elders, other witnesses and the GB all tell you how to live your life, right? If you choose NOT to live by their rules, then you get punished, or possibly even kicked out. So you made a choice, you see? Now the thing you DIDN'T choose, is your conditional friends and your family cutting you off. Also if you were just questioning policies or doctrines of the JW's, then you're kicked out for being an "apostate".

In life, outside of the Borg, you don't have elders, and the GB telling you how to live. So they are ALL YOUR CHOICES.

The reason many of us blame the JW's for things is because of certain things that the GB makes them do, that in turn hurt us. For example... If you have an elder hubby, he might be in meetings, JC's, or service so much that he is neglecting time with his family. Or for shunning us or if we change our opinions on the TROOF, then they show their "conditional" love for us. They do this because they live in fear of "the great day" and the wrath of the elders.

No where "in the world" do you have people like elders, or the GB telling you how you must live or they will cut off your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit