JW Mom killed in house

by Wordly Andre 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

How far will a JW elder go to protect the image that is displayed at the Kingdom hall? $, boating, beer, good times, nice guy... Often the spouse and family are the only ones who know the true person behind closed doors.

The WT makes it so hard to end a bad marriage, I think for some, it is easier to just kill their spouse. They get rid of their problem while protecting their image.

Glad you got away Lois.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Lois, please do all you can to stay safe and keep your daughter safe. And if you haven't already done so, please contact your local victims' services agency. They can help connect you with counselling services and other supports. You may already be getting counselling, but it is essential to help you learn how to escape the victim mentality that keeps so many women prisoner. I've been through it myself, although my ex was not a JW. But even after he ripped chunks of hair out and blackened my face (in front of my children), the elders told me staying in the marriage was the right thing to do.

When you stay in an abusive relationship, your children are also in danger of developing the same victim-think which can lead to the same thing down the road for them. Two of my daughters have recently escaped highly abusive relationships, but not before sustaining damage. Gaining self-insight and understanding into how abusers set up their victims and keep them terrorized is what finally helped me regain my self-esteem, and that knowledge will help keep you safe in the long run.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Panhandlegirl...Whathappened...Balaamsass...Cagefighter...3rdgen...Stealth...Mamachan13,

Thank you all for your comments. All your "brain storming" will/and is being considered.

I feel, we are as safe, as we can be. We refuse to live in fear anymore. It has taken up enough of our life. He is a psychopath. Anything is possible. Your comments, duly taken and noted, and very much appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit