JW Mom killed in house

by Wordly Andre 142 Replies latest jw friends

• lalala
    lalala

"I wasn't implying anything."

Perhaps I shouldn't have phrased my first sentance as a questions. That's exactly what you were implying.

"To say they defended Kelle because they realized they had been duped by him just doesn't make sense."

I didn't say they realised they were duped. I said they actually believed he was a stand up guy, they defended him because maybe they really thought he couldn't have bludgened his wife to death. Do you think Isabelle would have stayed with him if she knew he was capable of murdering her in such a brutal way? I know you really can't answer that because you didn't know her but I did and I can tell you she wouldn't have stayed if she knew that he would rob their children of their mother.

"I could be wrong, and I hope I am."

You are... and it appears to be quiet often.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Lalala,

Most of the messages I referred to were from non-JWs. Those messages were sent to Murrieta and vicinity newspapers. For the most part they expressed concern for Isabelle's children. On the other hand, there were messages from JWs. At the time I wrote about them, those messages for the most part tried to play down the fact that Kelle Jarka is guilty. They urged readers not to jump to conclusions. A few JWs even stated that the police have been wrong in the past and that they could very well be mistaken this time too. The only JW messages I saw that expressed any concern for the children were from Isabelle's immediate relatives.

Believe what you want, but that isn't something I've implied. I didn't make it up. It is fact.

If you can't accept the truth of the matter, you shouldn't be here. Instead of trying to pick a fight by accusing someone of being wrong "quite often," you should be obeying the instructions the Society has repeatedly given you to stay away from non-JW websites. Despite your unpleasant feelings toward me, I wish you well.

Frank

• sister2
    sister2

Thank you Frank... Isabelle's children have all the love in the world from our family right now. Thank you to the prayers and well wishers as yourself and from around the world... my sister would say thank you too if she wasn't unjustly and brutally taken away from us so soon... god bless

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

There are many people who hide behind the guise of being a Jehovahs Witness in order to do things and hope they get away with it. Like converting to JWism while in jail in order to appear to be contrite and reborn and get out sooner.

I am horrified at what this man did, horrified that he would not only do it for the insurance money he so obviously was thinking he was going to get, but to do this to his CHILDREN...to leave them motherless!!

Sure he was desperate...desperate people do desperate things but if its your family's welfare you are concerned about you get an insurance policy on YOURSELF and go "have an accident" so your family can be taken care of. You dont off your WIFE! He should get the death penalty...definitely an eye for an eye with NO chance of parole. Pure greed.

This was SOOOO premeditated and not at all a spur of the moment act after an argument. At some point he had to make arrangements for the oldest not to be at home...had to chisel away the door frame on the side door to make it look broken in to which he probably had to do beforehand, or even WORSE while his wife lay dead in the house, and he had to concoct this "I was at the store! Here see? Here is the receipt with the time stamp on it!" alibi for her time of death. For this guy to think that anybody with half a brain would buy this story....does the man own a TV? Has he never seen CSI or any of the forensic programs on TRUtv???

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

There is a web page that illustrates a lot of emotion is going into this case. You can read it at NORTH COUNTY TIMES.(http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/05/23/news/californian/murrieta/z107131ec0ab17ffa882574510070013e.txt)Beware! If you are sympathetic to JWs, you might be influenced to believe the husband is innocent. (I say you MIGHT be, not that you WILL be.) If you are inclined neither for nor against JWs, you might be led to feel more confident about the police and their investigation.

Frank

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

I am glad that his plot to kill his wife did not include harming the children. Very sad story indeed.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

THE LATEST:

The San Diego Union-Tribune

Murrieta man faces murder with special circumstances charge in wife's death

3:38 p.m. May 27, 2008

MURRIETA – A Murrieta man suspected of killing his wife to collect more than $1 million in life insurance proceeds was charged Tuesday with murder and a special circumstance allegation that could result in a death sentence or life imprisonment.

Kelle Lee Jarka, 39, is accused of killing his 40-year-old spouse, Isabelle, on April 28 in the bedroom of their home in the 39000 block of Tamarisk Street, said Murrieta police Lt. Dennis Vrooman.

She suffered fatal head injuries, Vrooman said.

Jarka, who is represented by the Public Defender's Office, made his initial court appearance Tuesday but did not enter a plea to one count of murder, with the special circumstance allegation of murder for financial gain.

Riverside County Superior Court Judge Judith Clark agreed to a defense request to postpone the defendant's arraignment until June 4.

Weeks before his wife's death, Jarka had taken out life insurance policies on her totaling more than $1 million, and investigators believe he set up the crime scene to make it look like a burglary gone awry, Vrooman said.

Following a nearly monthlong investigation, Jarka was arrested Thursday by detectives as he sat in Family Court, awaiting a custody hearing to get his children back, the lieutenant said.

According to police, at least one of the couple's children – they have a 12-year-old daughter and a 7-month-old son – had been staying with relatives.

The day Isabelle Jarka died, her husband told police he had gone out early that morning to a store, and upon his return found the side door to the garage forced open and his wife dead upstairs.

Jarka's initial call to emergency dispatch was to report a burglary, and he waited 26 seconds before revealing his wife may have been murdered, Vrooman said.

During the police investigation, Jarka told officers he had gone to pick up baby formula, even though plenty of formula was found in the house, and his other statements were inconsistent with evidence collected at the scene, Vrooman said.

Neighbors said the Jarkas usually kept to themselves, except when Isabelle joined others in the couple's Jehovah's Witnesses congregation to knock on doors in the neighborhood.

Find this article at:
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/riverside/20080527-1538-wifemurder.html

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I wonder if the ORG will help him get counsel or will he just use the PD office? He didn't enter a plea wonder if he is working on a deal

• asilentone
    asilentone

WA, I very much doubt it that the org will help him. He is guilty as hell!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS will only provide legal counsel if it is an attack on religious freedom and even then it is usually a jw lawyer who may or may not have any expertise in that area. When the trespass issue comes up in this area, jws are told they are on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit