Copy of New Bookstudy Arrangement Letter

by grassyknoll07 71 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

Toward the end it has something about family study.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

"adding no further burden to you" Isn't that a great principle they should try to follow more consistently?

• sir82
    sir82

Also note that this letter originates from "the Governing Body". I don't recall seeing that letterhead ever before. 99% of the letters received nowadays come from "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses".

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I read the Spanish letter and it is basically says the following:

- Satan is angrier than ever against us.

- The Governing Body wants to reduce our burden/weight.

- Beginning Jan 1, 2009, the Book Study will be joined with the School and Service Meeting.

- The name will be changed from Congregation Book Study to Congregation Bible Study.

- The meeting will begin with song and prayer, the Congregation Bible Study for 25 minutes. the Ministry School for 30 minutes, another song, the Service Meeting for 35 minutes, then concluding song and prayer. The total time is 1:45 with song and prayers.

- The current system of meeting together in small groups for service will continue.

- This change will offer varios benefits including less travel and less expense.

- This will allow a night for Family Worship. The heads of households should take the resonsibility to set aside an evening for this.

- Single persons and those without family responsibilities can use the time for personal study.

Also, everyone will be instructed not to share this information with others who have not yet had their meetings (in KH's with multiple congregations). Everyone should hear the letter read before discussing the new arrangement with others.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

If I could get a copy of the address list for all the congregations... Oh the letters I would send out. ;->

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

Letter says the FDS wants to lighten the load. They realize satan's systems is pressuring us. After much prayer and meditation they have decided to modify the weekly meeting schedule. Starting Jan 1, the BS will be moved to the TMS and SM. The meeting will no longer be named Congregation Book Study, new name Congregation Bible Study... We will still have small groups for field service... We will provide you with more information about the Congragation Bible Study later. Many benefits... cut down on fuel, travel time. But the more important benefits are... more time for family study and personal study.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Four songs at this meeting. I wonder if they are going to shorten the songs. Just sing first and last verse.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

only 3 songs... 1 at the start, 1 after school, 1 at the end.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Change of name from Congregation Book Study to Congregation Bible Study is all optics. Enough of the CO's that visited our hall emphasized that JWs as a whole were not known for offering Bible studies and that we had better start doing that when out in the field misery. I guess they have finally caught on that the name of the actual meeting was a little too revealing of the indoctrination process so that calling it a Bible study would obfuscate the reality of what it really is - another indoctrination session. Somebody in Brooklyn is waking up and smelling the coffee. Too little, too late though, imho.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

HAHAHA,

I am downloading and forwarding to all the "innies" in my family.

LOLOLOLOLOL

I'd love to translate for you all, but I have to step out now, will check back later. I am sure one of the other Spanish speakers will have a servicable translation done by then.

Cheers

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit