Copy of New Bookstudy Arrangement Letter

by grassyknoll07 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Governing Body is finally softening, getting sympathetic to their overburdened people. Door- to-door work is overburdensome and extremely unproductive for their people, maybe they could some day just suggest to 'casually' witness to people and drop the 'formal' door to door and possibly do 'other' forms of helping people. Well, the GB have along way to go to not be 'over-loading' their people.

• BFD
    BFD
    Why the hell wait until Jan 1, 2009 to institute this arrangement? My fu**ing burden is right now! Transportation costs are high...RIGHT NOW!

Maybe they'll be handing out gas vouchers until January.

LOL

BFD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Call me a miserable old skeptic - but nobody here has seen an original. The letterhead looks "odd", Changeling said.

PS: I find it odd that it's "signed": "The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" in English, instead of "El Cuerpo Gobernante de los Testigos de Jehova" in Spanish. All the years I went to Spanish speaking congs. I never heard anything signed like that.

"Lets be careful out there" with uncorroborated info...

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

As for waiting for January...it seems to me they always start this stuff at the beginning of the year. Their service year ends in September, they list all the changes that are coming for the next year and start it all with a nice clean little bow around it on January 1. I guess that means that Imadeadun ISNT coming in 2008 kids! LOLOL!!!

Why make any changes at all if the end is so near? Wont Jehooper be eliminating ALL expenses soon?

Gotta keep feeding those news starved sheep to keep em comin in and keep them dropping their $$ into those contribution boxes folks! They arent going out in service any more, they arent getting the contributions for the World Wide Work they use ter, and its costing more and more to be sending out those DOs and COs. The Organization has more property worldwide than the Catholic Church...time to start selling off that prime real estate GB!

I love this stuff...every change like this means one more step towards implosion :)

yippeeeee!!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, in countries where they have to travel to the KH and are poor, the meetings would all be held on the weekend, book study, school, service meeting, public talk, and WT study. Then everyone would travel home. Maybe they see it can be done this way and it is better financially. Ride sharing can be difficult especially in this area where only one KH is on a bus line.

Well, it will be revealed soon.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If my recollection is correct, the Mormons devote an entire day to God...perhaps the time is coming very soon where they will just do that and make the whole day one big meeting. Bring your coffee, your donut, your peanut butter sammich and make a day of it. As long as its done before the football games come on on Sunday...it might work :)

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well isn't that kind of them, how thoughtful to lighten the burden they have kept on the witness for the past 100 years. Took them long enough to finally see that people were just going to quit coming or pare down their meeting service time by just dropping one at a time. Now they need to drop the door to door work to about 5 hrs a month or do away with counting time or requiring it all together. That is a total waste of time and money. I said repeatedly over the 30 years I was a witness and especially after I had kids that there was too many meetings and we had to keep the kids up to late when they had school the next day on Thursdays. Makes me want to cuss that they are finally doing something after I finally woke up and left. Dumb, ignorant, and selfish old Goats called the Governing Body. Lord who knows in time maybe they will become more main stream, no door to door, no disfellowshipping, fewer meetings. Now all they need is having a nice KH dinner every thursday night too for the tired masses. LOL

Oh yah no ties, no suits, and no dresses but casual clothing would be great right on for those ideas by past posters.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I agree with Blues....the heading AND the signature look "wrong" to me. If they are writng on Governing Body Letterhead, that

sets them apart from both the WTB&TS and the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. It seems to me they would

use the latter letterhead and sign it with a proper signature. Just my thoughts.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The door to door activity has been very greatly reduced since I took my first door in the early 50's. Now "service" is just a fading footprint left from the days of direct sales. It's gone from being a profitable activity to being a liability. Compared to the 50's and 60's, today's "service" is nothing like it was. Heck I turned in 10 hours a month just from back-call night Wednesday nights and I was only 9 years old.

Our written orders from Jehovah was 40 hours a month for publishers. That was 10 hours a week. My dad took that seriously, and where he went, I went.

Watch Tower Inc. wouldn't loose by quitting service as they do it today. Obviously, service is creating a need for material that the Society isn't being compensated for adequately. Service is an unpopular activity both from a public relations as well as a member appreciation standpoint. So, they have an unpopular activity that's losing money, that's a liability.

They might keep a version of service, maybe for the pioneer types, but I can't see them keeping a mass version going. About the only way to keep a mass version going would by using a third party vendor for materials. They might do that. They've surprised me before.

(Sidebar) I understand Charles Russell's company didn't have scripted meetings or service.

I do look for changes to result in another round of real estate sales and building programs on local levels.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Gary...who knows? Maybe Tithing could rear its head?

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit