by grassyknoll07 71 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm crying of laughter!

i'll count the minutes and get back later

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done, grassyknoll, you did well!

Somone remarked that the letterhead "Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" seems to be a change from the usual. I noticed that too. If this is genuine, then it would indicate to me the growing cultish behavior (as if it wasn't before, eh?)

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Somone remarked that the letterhead "Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" seems to be a change from the usual. I noticed that too. If this is genuine, then it would indicate to me the growing cultish behavior

Exactly

We (hubby and I) were saying that they don't miss any opportunity to draw attention to themselves.

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe a few JW's will realize they never needed an organized arrangement of study in the first place. I wish I could go to the meeting and after the announcement is read- I would jump up and shout, "Hooray!!

The WT can now make a book last twice a long with a 30 minute study and that means either release smaller books every year or once every two years at most. It's called downsizing to save money.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm still laughing

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm gonna stop going starting next week

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It's all about gas prices u fools...a roundtrip meeting costs a bethelite $5.00...which thus costs bethel

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I found it interesting that Adoracion de Familia (Family Worship) is capitalized. As if will be some sort of official arrangement.

I can imagine now the elders will come around and ask "What are you doing for Family Worship?"

My wife told me that she found out about it from a Bethelite friend today. She thinks it means the end is nearer than ever... Oh is she happy about that!

About the Guverning Buddies letterhead... soon they will be using the new letterhead "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class". Might as well

A@G

• changeling
    changeling

I am fluent in Spanish. Rub a Dub's summation is accurate and covers all points, with the exception of the last point:

"Also, everyone will be instructed not to share this information with others who have not yet had their meetings (in KH's with multiple congregations). Everyone should hear the letter read before discussing the new arrangement with others."

The letter says that after all congs meeting at the KH had had the letter read to them, the letter will be placed on the info board for two weeks.

This is standard procedure.

It does not say not to discuss the letter. Of course, some could take it that way, but that's not what it says.

And the online translation someone posted is complete "gobbledygook", as most online translations are, but I'm sure we all we appreciate your efforts.

I would translate it word for word for you guys, but Rub a Dub's summary hit all the highlights, so there is no need.

Now, is the letter "on the level"??? We'll find out Sunday, won't we!

changeling :)

PS: I find it odd that it's "signed": "The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" in English, instead of "El Cuerpo Gobernante de los Testigos de Jehova" in Spanish. All the years I went to Spanish speaking congs. I never heard anything signed like that.

• changeling
    changeling

Retraction! I originally read the letter someone posted on page 1 of this thread. After posting, I went back and clicked on the link given and read the letter from there. The letter to the congs. does not say to not discuss the letter till all have had their meetings, but the letter to the PO, which is included on that link does.

It tells the PO to instruct the brotheres not to discuss the letter until all congs have had the letter read.

I found interesting that in the PO's letter, it mentions that this letter is to be read worldwide and that if a cong was having an assembly on Sunday, the DO or visiting speaker should read the letter to the audience. In all my 46 years as an active JW I don't recall anything like this happening on such a wide scale. Hummmm.......

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit