Copy of New Bookstudy Arrangement Letter

by grassyknoll07 71 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    "the Governing Body". I don't recall seeing that letterhead ever before. 99% of the letters received nowadays come from "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses".

If this letterhead is legit... it would be the first time I ever seen a letter signed that way.... is it to give it more "authority"? and what is that crap about making sure they use the time for a Family Worship (aka Family Study)? helloooo! they are already supposed to be doing that... 90% of those in the last cong I was an elder in did not...esp the MS and elders ....they would often say...we dont have kids..we dont need a "family" study....too bad they dont read their own literatrash...

Waiting to hear what happens Sunday... I put out feelers to an elder and to a friend and to my mom...lets see where that goes once (and if) the letter is read.

Snakes ()

• Layla33
    Layla33

This is playing out like a whodunit. How was a Spanish copy able to be scanned, but not one person has a copy of the English version?

Time will tell. But I predict, another "falling off".

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Just looked at the letter to the PO. It indicates that the letter can be read after the watchtower study even if its on Saturday (the 26th). So if anyone here has access to meeting tomorrow you should hear the announcement.

Also about the name 'congregation bible study', I know a ton of church people that often mention how they have to go to 'bible study'. They usually have an hour 'bible study' at the church one evening during the week and then sunday services. Next the JW, will allow casual clothes as proper attire at the meetings.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

No ties! No ties!

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

You gotta love the font they used on the "Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" at the top of the letter! They finally found a use for all those fonts they filed away from the 1950 and 1960 WT's!

• Carmel
    Carmel

OMG they gave into Satan! Jeeze, what next? Accepting different sexual preferences?

What's this world coming to?

• AGuest
    AGuest

It appears that they are doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what took place with the early christian congregations. The former ONLY met in homes for two reasons: (1) they had been expelled from the "public" places (i.e., synagogues, which what KHs are (synagogues/public places) which is why there is a PUBLIC TALK on Sundays... which is how they keep their tax-exempt status); and (2) in order NOT to establish an institutionalized religion ever again. Well, we know how number 2 turned out.

Anyway, as interesting as this may seem, what will come of it is irrelevant, really. It's just another "change," albeit a fairly big one. But more is certainly to come, dear ones, so hang onto your hats. In the meantime, I would put this on the same level as, say, changing the District Convention from 8-9 days to only 3-4.

May you all have peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In the meantime, I would put this on the same level as, say, changing the District Convention from 8-9 days to only 3-4.

I'd say it was more significant than that.

In the example you give, the conventions weren't changed, they were simply shorter; just as if they had been increased to say 10 days, it wouldn't have changed them.

However, with this the current change, a whole meeting is being removed. Yes, "they" can say that it's having its location changed but we all know that's just window dressing. No, the group study is being dispensed with, as the "Society's"™ own letter apparently states, so as "not to burden the brothers" in these difficult times.

• AGuest
    AGuest

and peace to you!

with this the current change, a whole meeting is being removed.

I did not get the impression that a whole meeting was being removed. Rather, I thought it said the meeting would be continued, but combined with the others and so shortened and, yes, in another location. Which, as you've stated, is going to be their position. I get that you think so because the previous TIME for a entire meeting is being eliminated...

"they" can say that it's having its location changed but we all know that's just window dressing.

Yes, true! LOLOL! But, isn't ALL of their explanations for ALL of their changes... just window dressing?

No, the group study is being dispensed with, as the "Society's"™ own letter apparently states, so as "not to burden the brothers" in these difficult times.

I think a re-read would show that it's not quite as you say; however, if it does say that, then okay, a meeting is being entirely dispensed with. Personally, I think "we" should be VERY careful NOT to add/take away from what IS happening with them, so as to not risk "our" own credibility... as well as not become the very thing "we" decry: those who do not state things accurately.

Back to my comparison: I remember when the DC was shortened; it was a pretty big thing where I come from because many of the "friends" just couldn't do it any longer. First, they could no longer afford the costs and second, employers were no longer granting that kind of time off. The burden on the families was just too great. And so attendance had waned. But you could hear the sigh of relief, well, probably all the way to heaven, when the length of the DC was changed: 8-9-10 days had become a BURDEN.

I stated in a previous thread that there were probably numerous reasons for this change, including lifting some of the responsibility from sisters with families, assisting the elderly who have a hard time seeing/driving at night, and having to meet in unsavory neighborhoods. These were complaint I was hearing way back when I was "in." Thus, I would not be surprised that the BURDEN that the organization places on its members by having them attend so many meetings has resulted in such an OUTCRY (evidenced by the decrease in attendance, as well as the actual coments) just as the long DC did. The fact that the GB mentioned that they no longer wanted to place a burden on the members appears to indicate this.

But... you could be right and I could be wrong. I just don't think it has a thing to do with any "sky is falling" message. Why? Because... there's nothing to indicate the sky is falling. And I don't think they'd risk repeating 1975. Not with what they lost then... and have to lose now.

Just my $0.02... and, as always, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

Why the hell wait until Jan 1, 2009 to institute this arrangement? My fu**ing burden is right now! Transportation costs are high...RIGHT NOW!

What a stupid fu**ing joke.

Yeah, you're SOOOOO great Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you SOOOOOO much for lessening my burden on Tuesday nights, what a magical wonderful use of your "God given power"!

I LOOOOOVVVE YOU GOVERNING BODY!!!

L

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit