Is anybody out there....

by wings 61 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

God is what God is, whether you believe or not. Your belief is irrelevant and changes nothing. The real question is: Does God believe in YOU?!?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

There is the God, just look around you, there is no way all of this happened by chance. It was by fantastic design.

BP

• wings
    wings
    I finally found something that fit me. No facts necessary. No rules or dogma. But that's me. It's certainly not for everyone

I appreciate this thought. It is incredibly mind boggeling to think that there could be various avenues to beliefs in God. Very opposed to what most of us have been taught. Black and White XJW thinking is hard to overcome.

• wings
    wings
    God is what God is, whether you believe or not. Your belief is irrelevant and changes nothing. The real question is: Does God believe in YOU?!?

Could you ask him for me? I would really like to know. thanks

• wings
    wings
    There is the God, just look around you, there is no way all of this happened by chance. It was by fantastic design.

I see the beauty of creation. Psalm 19 is one of my favorite scriptures. I have issues with this argument. I just don't know where to take it beyond deep appreciation. Perhaps, if anything this will be the link that takes me back to believeing. I'm just not there yet.

thanks

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Wings this is a constant battle I go through. There are times when I feel and know 100% without a doubt that there is a god and I'm in sync with him and my faith could move mountains.

.........Then (usually after some terrible human injustice) I crash and question if there is a god and if so why doesn't he make himself clearly know, and why does he allow humans to go through so much suffering.

I think that I'm so used to thinking of god in a certain way that I misunderstand what true godness is all about - but I"m learning - I believe my journey is one for me to take and to experience whatever it is I have to experience in order to 'complete' who I am.

• tika
    tika

I'm there as well wings. I don't know what I believe except that I refuse to belong to any church or religion because IMO they are all man made. I don't think there is anyone who is getting it right and if there is a god, he's probably mighty pissed at all of them for twisting religion to fit their own means. If there is not a church or religion out there that I can agree with completely, why bother. That is what I don't understand about my H, he insists that JW is the one true religion but as soon as I point out the hypocricy, he is quick to tell me, "Oh well, you have that in ALL religions" It just all confuses the hell out of me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have never doubted the existence of God and angels for that matter. Only in a few short instances I tried to doubt it but then realised that this was not really on, it is too obvious that there is a creator.

• Switch
    Switch

A friend of mine just expressed her opinion "that even if there is a god or gods, then any attention from earthlings probably wouldn't mean that much to them." I still believe that there's a Creator but if he wanted attention from us, then shouldn't it be easier to figure out?

My faith in God has been shaken (just in the past few months) but at the same time I'm sort of enjoying the possibilities for the first time. I feel less pressure and am getting comfortable with the fact that I don't have all the answers. At the door, we were expected to anticipate the next question and have our biblical response. It's nice to not be the authority of the proper way to God for once.

• wings
    wings
    It's nice to not be the authority of the proper way to God for once.

Amen to that sister!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit