Is anybody out there....

by wings 61 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I am 100% certain that there might have been a creator.............................oompa

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Wings I think there has to be something bigger out there than us and Intelligent but who I don't know. Nothing but mystery and confusion lately as to who this being is.

I also believe there has to be other forms of life out there, we are such a little small planet in such a vast universe, why would we be the only life forms.

We just don't know enough unfortunately and there is nothing we can do about it. So I have decided to not worry and relax and enjoy life.

Hugs to you Wings from Velvet

• wings
    wings
    I read and think about it at my leisure. Whether or not there is a God out there doesn't change my more immediate needs like my grumbling stomach, getting settled in my new home, and rubbing my bird's stomach.

FF, truth be told, besides the bird, this is my life. It has become a question for my leisure. Maybe I have too much time on my hands today. Been reading too many threads where the believers and NOT are tearing it up. Just got me to thinking.

• wings
    wings
    I am 100% certain that there might have been a creator.............................oompa

I am 100% centain that there might NOT have been....

• wings
    wings
    So I have decided to not worry and relax and enjoy life.

wish I could....hopefully someday soon.

Maybe you guys should just send me flowers...

• chickpea
    chickpea

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS, DEUS ADERIT that latin phrase haunted me
    for months that bled into years....
    it became my prayer, my plea....

bidden or unbidden, god is here

it was a note i scribbled to myself
    when i came upon it during research
    for one thing or another...
    and i put it on a sticky note
    and posted it where i would
    see it everyday as i dressed

every range of emotion has
    been expressed thru that phrase

i bid god come, in piety and devotion
    i expelled his presence in rage
    i beg, i pleaded, i ranted, i wept
    i scorned, i hated, i loved

who are you?
    do you seek me
    even as i seek you?
    are you jehovah?
    are you another?
    are you all?

i am at ground zero
    with a conviction
    and faith obliterated
    by truth....

guess i am just sifting
    and seeking, like everyone else IS there anybody out there? i just dont know

• DJK
    DJK

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> I just find it akward to hit big life changing events and not turn to prayer for help.

If nothing else, prayer served the purpose of making you articulate your thoughts. They weren't just rolling around in your head randomly, you were forced to spell them out. Despite not having an entity to direct them to, you can still pray. Call it thinking out loud if you'd rather, or talking to yourself.

Whatever label you use for it, it's a form of organizing your thoughts. You also get a chance to list them, prioritize them, and for that matter, expose them for the not-such-a-big-deal's that they sometimes are.

Good luck, wings. And to us all.

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    sometimes I miss having something bigger than me to depend on, maybe more on the days when depending on myself is hardest...

That's very honest. This will pass.

Learning to trust in me, in reality, is like being hit by a big wave and going under....hoping I get up for air and don't dragged into the ocean.

It's not stupid at all. It's crushing..at least it was for me. That feeling didn't last long at all, though, as I was surprisingly ready for it when it hit.

• wings
    wings
    it's a form of organizing your thoughts.

Dave, you should live in my brain. It is going to take more than talking out loud to make sense of this mess.

Good thought, so true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit