When You Were a JWD Newbie - Were You Shown a Warm Welcome ?

by flipper 64 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I really enjoy reading Minimus' stuff. You're interesting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Staying out of the controversy, still let me welcome you back.

JOHNNY CIP, I sure missed you. You were a great inspiration to me in
    my early fading. I understand why many good posters left here, but things
    aren't as good as they were just a year or a year and a half ago.

• flipper
    flipper

VOIDEATER- I enjoy your posts ! Glad you were made to feel welcome !

QUIRKY- You are a senior member newbie ! You make good points guy !

JIMMY PAGE - I like your posts guy , keep on posting , you make a lot of sense.

JOHNNY CIP- Do I sense you are just a tad pissed off by the expressive capital letters ? Look, I understand you had your differences with Minimus by what you expressed here , but this isn't the best venue to settle them . Calling someone out as a liar is best done in private , in my humble opinion. It would be nice to stay on the topic of discussion here ! Hopefully you can get your differences settled with Minimus and the mods on the board . Try breathing in and out deeply to calm down. Perhaps it's time to chill ! Peace to you, PEACE OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEDNESDAY- I'm glad you were welcomed !

WHITE DOVE- I too enjoy Minimus's threads . I think he might need to rub soothing oil on Johnny Cip though ! LOL! Perhaps aroma therapy together .

OTWO- I'm glad Johhny Cip helped you OTWO - but I'd rather he take up his differences in private with Minimus perhaps meditating with each other by candlelight ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well I've been on this form for 17 days now, and yes, I've felt welcomed. I know that there is always some initial aprehension when there is a new poster... in fact I made 5 posts under a different name, and realized that I wasn't introducing myself right. So I started again with this name, and all has been well. I feel that I am making new friends, which is more than I can say for the last four years in JWville as an ostracized ex-missionary with no privileges in the cong. (Nothing like losing privileges for JWs to make you feel welcome - the inevitable question..."So why did you leave your assignment?" And trust me, they didn't want to know the answer had I leveled with them.)

Anyway, Flipper, I appreciate your optimism and encouragement.

• flipper
    flipper

AWAKENED at GILEAD- I'm so glad you came to the board ! Thanks for the kind words ! In reading your profile I see you really have been through the changes in the last 18 years or so. I can tell , like me, it took you awhile to leave the organization as well. I'd like to talk with you sometime and pick your brain about things as I was raised in the witnesses , in 44 years, got out 5 years ago. Much of my family is still in it. Anyway I'll PM you

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

flipper I always enjoy yout posts.but I"m not going to sit for

edited due to inappropriate content - Lee

• JK666
    JK666

flipper,

I went back and checked, and I was not welcomed on any of my first posts, but was warmly welcomed by a few on my first thread. I am glad I wasn't attacked, but I wasn't as controversial back then. I don't know how I would have taken it. I now try to welcome the new posters when I see them.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

JOHNNY CIP - Well guy, I don't know what to say dude. I'm sorry you were mistreated, but you will have to take that up with Minimus or the others you mentioned . It is out of my control. Nothing I can do about it. Peace to you.

JK- I'm glad you were welcomed warmly on your first thread . Sometimes it takes awhile after we first post for people to warm up to us. But I think you bring a lot of honesty, candor, and spunk to the board that is sorely needed , my friend ! You have really good takes and opinions on things. We see eye to eye on lots of stuff ! As you said, we are twin sons of different mothers ! Peace out and good night now ! Mr. Flipper

• Layla33
    Layla33

Yes, flipper you were really nice, as well as a few others. I was a lurker for a bit, and then I promptly forgot about this place and just reconnected to deal with the pain of losing a loved one and going back to the KH after many many years.

It is like real life, some people you mesh with, some you don't, but you can learn from all. Most people here are friendly, but honestly there are so many people here, it's hard to keep track of them.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I came in without announcing I was new. So, only Happahanna said hi to me. I liked it, as I was afraid of being caught by family members.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit