Why do I feel like I'm losing my wife to this website?

by sarabi 104 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

IP SEC- Yes, I have talked on the phone with Sarabi, Cognac's husband ! If Bizzy Bee is reading this hey Biz ! Mr. Cognac IS AUTHENTIC and I talked with him for an hour and a half a week ago Monday ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Surely I can't be the only one who smells a rat?
    What do you mean? The IP address is the same as cognac's. MrFlipper has spoken with MrCognac?

Ummm......OK.....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BB...

please dont go there....take folks at face value until proven otherwise, OK? I respect your right to voice your thoughts, even if I dont necessarily agree.

If Flipper says he talked to him, I believe it.

Snakes ()

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to JWD sarabi!

alt

You sound like an amazing guy, from what your wife has said about you and from your own posts as well.

I was raised as a witness and speaking from my own experience I found a lot more help and support outside of my KH than I ever found inside. Real friends too, ones that won't shun you if your opinion happens to differ with theirs.

I wish you and cognac all the best, you did a very brave thing by posting here, hope to hear more from you.

• inkling
    inkling

Didn't CoffeeBlack meet her in person?

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

All I can say is please give your wife the freedom to grow as an individual and let her try to reconcile her beliefs as she sees best. About nine months ago I shared with my wife the feelings I had been having regarding the Witnesses. My every intent and effort totally revolved around trying to become the best Christian I could become based on my study of the Bible. I was born and raised a Witness and had been baptized for 20 years. I served as a MS as well. I could no longer agree with the JW's on various points - many of them mentioned here by the previous posters in this discussion. Three months ago my wife moved out of our house. She told me she had been having an affair that was a result of depression brought by my revelations to her. I asked her what we could do to reconcile, that i forgave her. She stated as long as i had any doubts she would not return. This was after 10 1/2 years of marriage. I sit here tonight in tears still wondering if I did the right thing. But I know I have to be true to who I am as a person. I have to be true to what I feel God truly wants. My wife was my passion. She was my reason for living.

Please - give your wife the courtesy to develop as she feels she needs to. Do not let a man-made organization come between you. You question this site as causing a division - but is not the very organization to which you cling causing a division in your mind as well? Accept her for who she chooses to become and support her even if you cannot agree with her. It is not worth the pain to let what other imperfect men tell you come between you and your wife. Marriage includes accepting how your spouse grows as an individual. None of us as imperfect people can with 100% certainity say what the future holds. We can only do our best and live by a code of trust, integrity, honesty, truth, sincerity, and love.

i wish you and your wife the best in your decisions and in your future life - again i plead - do not let the opinions of other imperfect men damage your relationship.

Morph

• sparrow
    sparrow

She's smart - she took the red pill. Maybe you should too...

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome sarabi!

I was born to zealous (that's an understatement) parents 48 years ago. I have been an elder's (or cong. servant's) daughter all my life. For several years I was also an elder's wife. I have been in close association with many faithful witnesses (including GB members). I mention this to prove that as far as all things JW I am no slouch. So how come I stopped going in FS cold turkey two years ago and then stopped all meeting attendance one year ago this month? Because I found out about the Society's involvement with the UN (aka "the scarlet colored wild beast" and "the disgusting thing that causes desolation"). Once my husband and I researched and verified (including writting a letter to the Society) the truthfulness of this utterly hypocritical situation, I could not stomach inviting others to become part of this sham.

This knowledge allowed me to ponder on doubts and inconsistencies that had lurked in my mind nearly all my life. The result: the unshakable feeling that we had discovered the truth about "the truth". And the truth is: there IS no truth. Not in the absolute sense that we were taught.

Enough about me...I'd like to ask your opinion on two things: First: What is your take on the changes in the "generation" doctrine?

Second: When you hear of the brothers in totalitarian countries (such as Cuba and the former Soviet Union) and hear how people's access to outside information is restricted and even penalized, have you ever seen a parallel with how the Society restricts the info the brothers have access to? Has it ever occurred to you that the truth could stand on it's own? Have you ever wondered why the info so called apostates have is so damaging if it's not indeed the truth? Why would the Society fear info that could be proven false?

I admire the way you have stood by your wife and have not gone "balistic" on her. You must be a very reasonable man who loves his wife dearly.

Please: read, listen, and above all THINK. You have the power to discern right from wrong. The answers are within you. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

changeling

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Sarabi,

Welcome! My husband and I were JWs for almost 50 years. He was an Elder from 1947 until 1981.

When Holy Spirit shows you the truth, if you love God you will listen. This is what brought us out

of the Watchtower in 1983.

I have found Cognac to have a keen and inquiring mind. She loves God and wants to serve Him

in the way that the Bible teaches. Having questions is natural. Paul commended the Bereans for

this. She is seeking to do what she feels is right in God's eyes.

You can read our story at this site: www.geocities.com/veliveleth At the end there is a link to the transcript

of our Judicial Committee. You may find it interesting to see how a JC works.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• changeling
    changeling

Just read some other posts on here and I noticed you have not answered the question about your account dating back to 06.Would you address that one please? What brought you here in the first place (in 06)? Doubts, curiosity? Was your wife aware of it?

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit