Why do I feel like I'm losing my wife to this website?

by sarabi 104 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

I agree ...you should keep your mrs from being on this website........she's really annoying........just kidding he he.....welcome scabby sarabi

• Layla33
    Layla33
    I feel like the faithful slave has our best interests whether they are right or wrong

I would like for you to read that statement three times. And then ask yourself, how does someone have your best interest at heart if they are indeed wrong.

If you love your wife, you will allow her free will. Everyone must be allowed to make their own philosophical and religious decisions and if you really love your wife, you will allow her the right to explore her thoughts.

I understand you are hurt, but honestly, she is a very nice, decent person here who is just asking questions and finding some answers.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    by the way, you can't lose your wife to a website.

Exactly.

Last time I checked, you can't own another person regardless of that legal contract called marriage.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Welcome, Sarabi.

I, like many others, have gone through similar emotions to the ones you are experiencing now. My younger sister first came to this site and told me about it. I, of course, sought to be the protective older brother and was angry at my siter for reading "apostate" material. However, when I got to the point in my life where I couldn't rationally reconcile questions I had with the pre-churned answers that the WTS provided, I began searching. I lurked at this site off and on for about 2 years before I actually joined and began posting or speaking of my concerns with others.

No one drove me to stop attending the KH. That was a decision that rests soley on my own shoulders. At this site, and others like it, I began discussing my questions and doubts. I spent a period of time researching. I spoke with my wife - still a JW to this day - and she agreed that taking time to work through my questions and find my own answers was the best thing that I could do. She gave me space and realizes that we differ on religious beleifs, but she lets me form my own thoughts and reach my own conclusions. At the same time, I let her have her own beliefs...even though those are JW beliefs. We still are close. She doesn't consider me an "apostate" in the sense that the elders would.

No one should be afraid of truth.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If most of you (JWD'ers) were less sincere, you'd be a lot more sincere.

• inkling
    inkling
    If most of you (JWD'ers) were less sincere, you'd be a lot more sincere.

Say what?

[inkling]

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sarabi,

Two people now have asked about you joining this board way back in 2006.

Could you address that? It seems important to me. It would seem you were
    curious well before your wife was.

I will answer this. This was my account, I opened back in 2006. Never posted with this account. Created a new account when I came back here in 2008.

With all due respect, this answers absolutely nothing. Which is OK - you don't owe anybody an explaination.

Just don't be surprised when folks here express skepticism.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

With all due respect to you BB, it answers the questions asked perfectly well unless you are insufferable bizzy body with a penchant for conspiracy theories.

Give it a bloody rest already!

Cog

• yesidid
    yesidid

With all due respect, this answers absolutely nothing. Which is OK - you don't owe anybody an explaination.

Just don't be surprised when folks here express skepticism.

Just checking.................is it busybee or busy body.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    I want her to understand that she can trust me and that I'll help her to find the answers that she is looking for.

As you can read the past many pages of replies that we are people too just like you with the same capabilities, with the same understanding and the same teachings from a cult that controls the human mind in order to control their actions.

As you say above that you will help her find the answers to her questions. How do you plan to do that if you close off your brain that God gave to in order to think and act on your own recognance. You will never be able to help her find out the real truth behind the steel curtain at the societies head quarters.

So until you can do that you will not be of any help to her other than maybe just support her in her direction and respect her as a human being that has the same mind, same capabilities and with the same understanding. Further more God gave us the right to choose for ourselves by ourselves that is why we are responsible for our own doings.

If she decides to walk away from the society, and if you truly love your wife you will support her decisions. Good luck and God Bless !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit