Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Perry
    Perry

Gotta go take some food to someone in our congregation whose father died a few days ago....back in a few hours.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

People are free to believe what they want. They are not free to lie to our children.

If someone wants to believe storks deliver babies, fair enough. If they want it taught in biology class, no. Not only do they have no proof for the stork hypothesis, they're also ignoring mass amounts of evidence that babies come from females wombs.

The situation with ID and evolution is just the same as that.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Are you talking about my personal testimony? I'm unclear what you mean here. Can you clarify and expand?

Sure. What do you mean by this?

How exactly is fighting for the lifting of a ban on certain words and thoughts, ie. design, designer, God, throwing pearls before swine? Explain.

Do you mean fighting for the scientific acceptance of the term intelligent design? Do you think it's important the scientific community accepts the possibility of intelligent design as a scientific theory?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

perry-How exactly is fighting for the lifting of a ban on certain words and thoughts, ie. design, designer, God, throwing pearls before swine? Explain.

Not everyone is Christian nor do they have plans on becoming Christian. You keep trying to infer that Evolution is a Atheistic theory. Not true, there are many Christians who fully embrace evolution. It is a Scientific theory, it doesn't require faith to believe in it. To tell someone who does not believe in God of the bible that he created the earth would be forcing your beliefs on to someone, thus throwing pearls to swine. They have no need for your "pearls".

That is the difference between I.D. and Evolution. There is proof that most of the the evolutionary process we know today is backed up by the evidence. Which brings up another point. Scientist disagree with Darwin all the time. Everyone makes it like Darwin is the end all be all of the Evolution theory. Not true. It has evolved so much that probably Darwin himself would disagree with it today! Because of what evidence Scientist have found they have evolved the theories and came up with what the facts represent.

perry-Of course not... no one is suggesting that. But, let me ask you a similar question. Should atheists force their religion (belief that there is no God) on teh millions who have personal experience with God?

lease explain to me how Atheist are doing this? Again many Christians completely embrace evolution. FAITH IS NOT BASED ON WHAT IS SEEN BUT WHAT IS UNSEEN(Hebrews 11). Christianity= faith. Likewise Paul explained that persecution for Christ was the ultimate blessing. Won't Christians then be persecuting if I.D. is taught in schools.

Sorry but I just see no reason what so ever that Christians should be fighting for this to be taught.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

perry-Then, 'we the people" get to look at the available evidence ourselves, listen to the peer reviewed papers and decide for ourselves. The problem is that when papers are published and the careers of the scientists are destroyed, it suppresses freedom. The atheists have control of many our universities, and prestigeous scientific institutions and prevent freedom of speech as "Expelled" eloquently catalouges.

Please give me an example of a Scientist's career being destroyed because he disagreed with Dawkins or Darwins theories? I suppose you also believe everything Michal Moore puts in a documentary?

• Burger Time
  • Perry
    Perry

False alarm.... back now

Please give me an example of a Scientist's career being destroyed because he disagreed with Dawkins or Darwins theories?

Burger Time,

That is a tired argument and one that the film covered. Atheists say, why doesn't I. D. have any peer reviewed articles. When someone finally gets one published... all hell breaks loose and heads roll.

This is the game atheists play as illustrated in the movie. Does that sound like science to you?

• Perry
    Perry
    People are free to believe what they want. They are not free to lie to our children.

Amen to that. I'm curious, do you think Dawkins was lying when he said that life might have come from evolved aliens, who came from evolved aliens?

What about the teaching of ambiogenesis? Are you just as rigorous for only teaching testable things here as well. What about scientists who disagree with many of the tenets of evolution? Are you willing for our children to hear those arguments as well?

What about the wildly non-sensical idea of infinite universes to explain the complexity of life? What about unicorns....why not teach that they might have started life..... it just keeps getting more absurd the father one gets into the atheist box.

• 5go
    5go
    That is a tired argument and one that the film covered.

Then you should of easily answered it.

• Perry
    Perry
    To tell someone who does not believe in God of the bible that he created the earth would be forcing your beliefs on to someone

Burger Time, Of course it would. That's why I.D. proponents don't suggest that. But let me turn this around. Would you also agree that telling someone that doesn't believe in ambiogenesis that it is true would also be forcing your beliefs on someone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit