Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

I would like to ask a question, in all sincerity, i do not have the answer to. .....

The universe has gravity laws, motion and thermodynamics laws, and many other "laws" which if not present, the universe wouldnt function properly. So where did these laws come from? If not placed there by a "designer" then what happened so that these functions of our universe work properly? Although as concerns the Bible Im certain it is mythical, the same, however, I cannot say with regards to a Designer. I cannot say emphatically that there was NO intelligent design involved in our universe. To say that would be wrong at this point.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't think you've given much thought to the word "law", chrisjoel. Take 5 minutes and think about the meaning(s), and where words come from in the first place, and the different ways this one is used, and you won't have that question anymore.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Isn't wise and honest within are selves to accept the unknown that is yet to be discovered and shouldn't this be considered an example of intelligence design ?

• marmot
    marmot

Chrisjoel, if 1+1=2, did God have to make a law for this to happen?

Did God have to make a law that states the ratio of a circle's circumference to its radius is 3.14159?

Saying that an intelligent designer had to put the laws of physics in place so that the Universe would function is just as preposterous as those two examples.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Realone said:

'It tells me he is the ultimate scientist!'

If your house has leprosy (would that be mildew?), here is the cure from the ultimate scientist:

49 For the cleansing of the house he shall take two birds, with cedarwood and crimson yarn and hyssop,
    50 and shall slaughter one of the birds over fresh water in an earthen vessel,
    51 and shall take the cedarwood and the hyssop and the crimson yarn, along with the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slaughtered bird and the fresh water, and sprinkle the house seven times.
    52 Thus he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the fresh water, and with the living bird, and with the cedarwood and hyssop and crimson yarn;
    53 and he shall let the living bird go out of the city into the open field; so he shall make atonement for the house, and it shall be clean. Leviticus 14 nrsv.

S

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Homerovah,

Isn't wise and honest within are selves to accept the unknown that is yet to be discovered and shouldn't this be considered an example of intelligence design ?

I am not sure how you are able to correlate these two ingredents. I am perfectly open to the first part of your statement but cannot follow the logic that ends up in the second part. Can you explain?

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Real One,

That you admit to ignoring the facts in order to cleave to your believe says much more about you than you might hope.

Good luck!

HS

• Galileo
    Galileo

Getting somewhat back on topic (and by no means am I taking a jab at anyone, since I've been as guilty as anyone of going down rabbit holes in this thread), there's a guy on youtube that's spent a tremendous amount of time producing a series about Ben Stein and the producers' claims. He makes some good points if you can get past his voice and his overproduction. Here's one I thought was pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8aifay678

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    I am not sure how you are able to correlate these two ingredents. I am perfectly open to the first part of your statement but cannot follow the logic that ends up in the second part. Can you explain?

Just a little implied statement on all the folks head bashing one another Hillary, nothing more

Maybe this is what happens when you make an attempt to step out of science when discussing intelligence

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If god is a designer I'd rate him quite mediocre as far as designers go, he's certainly no Calvin Klein or Giorgio Armani

Maybe he was working too fast under pressure knowing the first draft of the bible was to start soon, well could be !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit