Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Perry
    Perry

I just got back from seeing the new movie release "Expelled" which is a documentary exposing the militant culture of supression regarding Intelligent Design in the scientific community.

In a "million years", I never would have imagined that Ben Stein could get the author of "The God Delusion", Richard Dawkins to speak favorably about I.D. (Intellignet Design). Yet, that is what I witnessed in his interview.

Basically, he said that Intellignet Design could be legitimately (in his opinion of course) discussed as a viable explanation for the complexity of life under the following scenario: And, that is if it is presented in the context of aliens coming to our planet and engineering our current life forms and seeding our planet. And he continues, if the aliens themselves were the result of darwinism processes who were seeded from other aliens who themselves were products of evolution, who themselves were seeded by aliens .... and so on, etc., etc., etc.

In other words, the world's formost "intelligent" atheist blesses discussion on Intelligent Design if it comes from flying spaghetti monsters from outer space but pronounces the discussion not worthy if the intelligence comes from God!

• DJK
    DJK
    context of aliens coming to our planet and engineering our current life forms and seeding our planet. And he continues, if the aliens themselves were the result of darwinism processes who were seeded from other aliens who themselves were products of evolution, who themselves were seeded by aliens .... and so on, etc., etc., etc.

You say context, were aliens actually mentioned in the game show hosts movie?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Based on how you described the interview, if god was also consdiered to be the result of evolution, then perhaps dawkins would discuss it. One would hope so, anyway.

S

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I just got back from seeing the new movie release "Expelled" which is a documentary exposing the militant culture of supression regarding Intelligent Design in the scientific community.

In a "million years", I never would have imagined that Ben Stein could get the author of "The God Delusion", Richard Dawkins to speak favorably about I.D. (Intellignet Design). Yet, that is what I witnessed in his interview.

Basically, he said that Intellignet Design could be legitimately (in his opinion of course) discussed as a viable explanation for the complexity of life under the following scenario: And, that is if it is presented in the context of aliens coming to our planet and engineering our current life forms and seeding our planet. And he continues, if the aliens themselves were the result of darwinism processes who were seeded from other aliens who themselves were products of evolution, who themselves were seeded by aliens .... and so on, etc., etc., etc.

In other words, the world's formost "intelligent" atheist blesses discussion on Intelligent Design if it comes from flying spaghetti monsters from outer space but pronounces the discussion not worthy if the intelligence comes from God!

HS

• Perry
    Perry

Yes, I'm afraid that is the case. Apparently, atheist scientists are opposed to the existence of flying spaghetti monsters except when it comes to the aliens' possible superior intelligence.....then it's OK to talk about them.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    the game show hosts movie?

Ben Stein is much more than a game show host (just in case you didn't know). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Stein

• Perry
    Perry

Satanus, Most people except the term "God" to refer to a "First Cause", and therefore not subject to any processes at all. In light of the absolutely overwhelming evidence of "fine tuning of the universe" and the incomprehensible complexity of life, what else can atheists appeal to except an infinite digression of cause and effect spaghetti monsters? Mr. Dawkins' utterly ridiculous statements are in perfect harmony with his world-view.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Perry,

Satanus, Most people except the term "God" to refer to a "First Cause", and therefor not subject to any processes at all. In light of the absolutely overwhelming evidence of "fine tuning of the universe" and life, what else can atheists appeal to except an infinite digression of cause and effect spaghetti monsters? Mr. Dawkins utterly ridiculous statements are in perfect harmony with his world-view.

Perhaps Mr Dawkins appreciated that his comments were verging on the absurd, and in this way was attempting to present a ridiculous scenario to illustrate yet another ridiculous scenario? Of course, given your droning and religiously literalist agenda, one could hardly rely on you to be able to tune into any subtle nuances that might have entered the conversation Perry.

HS
  • Satanus
    Satanus

That is as i expected. So, try to understand why dawkins might exclude your unevolved god from the picture.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think you need to interview "Peter Ian Staker" - because that was what was happening

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit