Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Perry
    Perry

Dawkins was asked a point blank question in a sit down face to face interview. He gave his answer. He was dead serious. He didn't avoid anything. I believe he spoke what he felt could be considered "legitimate" discussion in his personal estimation. The fact that most people would consider his appeal to aliens as ludicrous, in no way diminishes his position as an atheist. In fact it reinforces his position.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

that is P. I .Staker

• SacrificialLoon
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sacrificial Loon,

I may have misremembered the details of our exchanges, by eMail and by telephone, but I vividly remember his reassuring me, over the telephone, that he was on the side of science, and he made no attempt to distance himself from my sarcastic jokes about 'Intelligent Design'.

I guess this just about wraps up yet another attempt by Perry, who has never been known to let a fact stumble him, to misintepret all he can with cheerful ignorance.

HS

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Loon, Thanks so much for posting Richard Dawkins response! I was about to post it myself but you beat me to it ^^

Michael Shermers reponse is good as well.

http://www.skeptic.com/skepticality_download/074_skepticality.mp3

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

The loon is faster than the hare! :)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The loon is faster than the hare!

.....certainly much faster than the Perry.

HS

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I agree that if we are going to talk about intelligent design we have to give equal time to all theories if ID including Whippowack monsters and other aliens that are mute and do not reveal themselves to man. Dawkins is correct to insist that all ID theories receive the same amount of credibility. Purple people eaters are just as likely an explanation as Invisible superman after all. Furthermore using the term "God" instead of "super invisible man" just clouds the issue. There is too much shit connected to the word "God". So God believers need to admit that they don't even know what they are trying to describe with the word "God." Invisible superman is much more descriptive and honest.

• Perry
    Perry

Oh Hillary..... say something intelligent for a change. I won't expel you. ;-)....................................... on another note, I read Dawkins' retraction of his statements as being a "science fiction" scenario. All I can say is that it doesn't fit with the documented video of his response. I'm sure that it won't be long for the clip to make its way to you tube. Then, the world can see his "science fiction" response. His explanation is unconvincing to me. I think that he's just playing nicey nice to his skeptic buddies that constantly debunk alien conspiricists.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

No doubt about it....the idea of intelligent design is being questioned and second guessed. Just another reason why religion in general is being attacked right now by the secularist left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit