A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Terry

Dead is dead. "Dead man walking" is a metaphor.
    I guess spiritual death is a metaphor? You know when you run out of air.

You present "spiritual death" as though it were a fact in evidence. Where?

You are positing and asserting the existence of something without providing substantiation.

"God breathed into his nostrils the X of life and man became a living X."

Fill in the blanks. What made Adam alive? Wouldn't the death of "it" cause the reverse?

Or, do you buy in to the Watchtower explanation of a motor running down gradually? Hmmm?

At the very least you present in your above statement the idea that Adam was alive TWICE!

He was:

1.Physically alive.

2."Spiritually" alive.

And he could remain physically alive for 930 years while being "spiritually" dead for 930 years.

This leads me to ask this question, logically:

"Did Adam pay for his sin with his physical death or his imputed "spiritual" death?

Further, "Through ONE MAN sin entered the world." What? The woman's sin meant nothing to God? Only the man's?

You see how the scripture is rigged? If BOTH the first man (Adam) and the first woman (Eve) BOTH SINNED....death had to enter the world through____

one man

and

one woman.

But, this screws up the simplicity of the equation: The first man Adam and the last man Jesus.

You see?

The bible writer is not playing with a full deck.

• Perry
    Perry

Perry

You've convinced me you are grandstanding.

It was the cereal killer comment that gave me away wasn't it? Can't put one past 'ole Terry!

• Terry
    Terry

You know what Justice is? Justice is a process of determining facts by presenting both sides and ruling according to who deserves what.

Condemning people to death is Justice if it is based on informed consent by sane parties who comprehend limits and penalties of behavior within a jurisdiction

Trying to get through to Terry is like trying to find an Atheist in heaven.

Terry, you are judging according to your own judgement, your own justice. Your own jurisprudence is not even universal among humans, and has not existed throughout history, so how the hell do you think it should be binding on God?

Your justice applies to humans in dealing with other humans. Godis obviously not one of us like you and I are one of us. When he took our form, he went through the worst injustice in the human justice system.

Things you believe humans should not do to each other you would deem acceptable between parents and children. Do you have the right to decide what your neighbor eats for breakfast, or what school he should attend, or when sleepy time is? That would be an injustice to you. But not with your own children.

Justice has context. You simplistically put us all on the same level.

Burn

I don't see that you have given any examples of my so doing.

I'm holding God up to His own Justice and asking why there is no match.

I'm not creating a new sort of Justice and asking that God comply with my version.

God gave the perfect Law to Moses which was the law of the talon: Eye for Eye and Tooth for Tooth.

That is the stated standard of perfect Justice which God offered as superior to that of man.

Right? (Enter reply here_______). thanks

If God Himself sets this standard.....

and He does.....

I'm asking why He then proceeds to VIOLATE His own PERFECT STANDARD OF JUSTICE???

How can you blame me for this? (Answer: you can't. You are diverting attention away from the topic.)

Adam sinned. That is the blind eye.

Adam died. That is the matching eye of Justice.

Eve sinned. That is the tooth.

Eve died. That is the tooth of Justice.

All the babies as yet unborn-------NO SIN YET (no eye and no tooth) are CONDEMNED IN ADVANCE. (non corresponding eye and tooth.)

I ask you: On what JUST basis could God condemn unborn children (not even conceived yet!)???

Answer me that.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This is the snowball fight right??

One on the back of the head and everyone laughs!

• trevor
    trevor
    It was the cereal killer comment that gave me away wasn't it? Can't put one past 'ole Terry!

Perry - I see you are from Texas just like 'ole Georgy Bush. You need to start wearing a hat before your brain fries completely.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry you ask too many questions at one time

You assume God does not know what he is doing and that he is unjust. Do you know what God's rules are and do you try to follow them to the best of your ability?

You probably would have done the same thing Adam did. It didnt matter how much information he had given them before hand, he gave them instructions and they should have obeyed them. like us today. stop trying to make excuses and do what God tells you to do

Asking the same question a hundred times is not the same as asking a hundred questions!

If somebody gave me one answer to my one question, I'll stop.

You ask why I assume God does not know what he is doing and that he is unjust.

I don't assume. I present the reason why it appears God violates His own perfect Justice and ask "why" or "how" it could be otherwise?

What good does it do to follow rules if they are enforced capriciously? What justness comes from whim?

I'm stating that there is no Justice in holding people accountable who have not done anything wrong.

Who do I refer to?

Unborn (as yet unconceived mankind) and Jesus. Both were condemned.

On what Just basis? That is what I keep asking (one hundred and one times.)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    God gave the perfect Law to Moses which was the law of the talon: Eye for Eye and Tooth for Tooth.

No, the law of Moses, as an entirety, was a law for a particular people, time and place. Lex Talionis is still a good legal principle in many ways however.

I'm asking why He then proceeds to VIOLATE His own PERFECT STANDARD OF JUSTICE???

You need to prove the violation in a court of law. To convince the jury you need all the facts. You do not have access to all the facts. The facts you do have are told by eyewitnesses you cannot interrogate, they being long dead. Therefore, your case is closed.

Adam sinned. That is the blind eye.

Adam died. That is the matching eye of Justice.

Eve sinned. That is the tooth.

Eve died. That is the tooth of Justice.

All the babies as yet unborn-------NO SIN YET (no eye and no tooth) are CONDEMNED IN ADVANCE. (non corresponding eye and tooth.)

I ask you: On what JUST basis could God condemn unborn children (not even conceived yet!)???

To that I answer what Christians believe; we all die, good and bad. But this death is not the end of us. This is not our final judgement. There is a second judgement and a second life. The good that choose God receive life with God, the evil that reject God receive life without.

Your choice.

FLAT JUSTITIA RUAT COELUM

Burn

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Justice has context. You simplistically put us all on the same level.

I like your perspectivist approach. Perhaps we can take it one step further: even God has context.

• Terry
    Terry

you are an unbeliever, you will not get answers

From you, of course. Because you don't have any.

Your belief is superstition. How do I know? You have no reasons to offer for belief.

Belief without reason is irrational. Consequently, it is superstition.

That isn't cause for fear?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I like your perspectivist approach. Perhaps we can take it one step further: even God has context.

Context is in the eye of the beholder.

If you ever sit on the Throne then you can judge what should be brought to the Altar.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit