A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    What is the basis for UNcondemning him?

His own Glory and good pleasure.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Glenster - interesting perspective but a negative multipied by a positive always delivers a negative!

So if you are Jesus you get crucified and if you drop bombs on those who did it they die! So it boils down to one reality fighting another reality with harm - which suggests harm is evil - which is why I think orgies aren't - lol - and no I never have but i say to those who do good luck and may the sexy inherit the Earth! lol.

Back to the Jesus pic!!

Why does god like the smell of burning animals??

It's the only reason that everyone takes Jesus death for granted - a god loving the death of his own creation makes no sense to me!

And for whom? As a present to a bad guy called satan? Or so god can say look I let innocents die to prove I am holy?

Where do you let yourself think that some animal dying is a good way of losing your own guilt? Is it not some ancient idea to get everyone thinking under the same roof and mobilise armies in case of attack by foreign powers?

And was this not why the Romans spread Christianity around like wildfire?

• real one
    real one

Terry you ask too many questions at one time

You assume God does not know what he is doing and that he is unjust. Do you know what God's rules are and do you try to follow them to the best of your ability?

You probably would have done the same thing Adam did. It didnt matter how much information he had given them before hand, he gave them instructions and they should have obeyed them. like us today. stop trying to make excuses and do what God tells you to do.

• Perry
    Perry

Terry: Because he likes his "Wheaties"

I'm sorry Terry. You obviously were thinking about a cereal killer; not a serial killer.

• Terry
    Terry
    I'm stated for you (and others) that I can't grasp this JUSTICE you mention.

The tone deaf don't get music either.

Burn

Are you sure?

Music is vibration at its fundamental. Even the deaf can understand vibration.

What you speak of is the interpretation of music as a sensible communication.

Do you deny that "Faith follows the thing heard?"

Our belief follows from a starting point: what we are told.

The Gospel is a story told.

When I first encountered my best friend Johnny's explanations about Jehovah and the bible, I had no background set of facts or data THROUGH WHICH I could interpret or challenge.

He may as well have been reciting pages of calculus. One thing sounded as good as the next.

Johnny further delimited my range of exposure. We studied the Paradise book. We went to the Kingdom Hall.

As far as I could tell, the information passed the sniff test of being connected by some rationale which sounded to be logical.

It was only decades later I realized what a closed system I was in devoid of any actual challenge.

I ask you now if you are in a closed system of thought that disallows you any challenge to the basis and rationale which supports your beliefs?

It would seem so.

You ridicule my questions and pronounce me "tone deaf" to understanding. But, how would you know? You haven't given anything remotely approaching reasons, logic, rational or connected facts which would support your position.

Makes me wonder why that is?

Why are you being so defensive? What do you fear?

• real one
    real one

If it's justice you want, it's justice you will get. I'll take mercy any day.

me too!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Pussies comes to mind!

• Terry
    Terry

Terry

Not only did God never warn Adam and Eve that all of mankind would "inherit" a death penalty, God didn't even exact the penalty He had warned of!

"In the day you do eat of it you shall surely die."

Actually they did. The abillity to sustain righteousness of their own, died. they needed God's grace to stay alive.

A lifespan of 930 years was granted to this offender!

They were dead men walking, by God's grace.

Plenty of time was afforded for bringing dead children into the world to multiply further sin, sickness, disease, transgression and wickedness.

Romans 5:20

The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more , 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Is this Justice? Is it mercy?

If it's justice you want, it's justice you will get. I'll take mercy any day.

So, the way you make this work is to make it all a METAPHOR for death?

Bill Clinton would be proud of your word-parsing skills!

Dead is dead. "Dead man walking" is a metaphor.

Are you saying God threatened punishment by metaphor? Ridiculous.

Honestly, answer this question:

Did God state "In the day you do eat of it you shall surely die."?

or did God say:

"Eventually, after living a lifespan of nearly a thousand years of metaphorical death you will surely drop dead for real."??

You see the difference?

Of course you do.

You did all along.

Oh, and by the way...Mercy can have no meaning if Justice has no meaning.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why are you being so defensive? What do you fear?

I am only being defensive because you are being offensive.

How could anything you have written possibly make me fear? It isn't even a good enough attack to possibly breed doubt.

Sounds play, some hear music, others just hear noise.

That's a STUNNINGLY simple observation.

Burn

• real one
    real one

reasons, logic, rational or connected facts which would support your position.

Makes me wonder why that is?

you are an unbeliever, you will not get answers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit