A STUNNINGLY simple question about JOHN 3:16 "For God so Loved the world."

by Terry 384 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

As I suspected - for some - the Bible predates the Earth so it's a non- starter!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Belief without reason is irrational. Consequently, it is superstition.

That is why I believe with reason.

I think what you really mean is that belief without evidence (and you mean "hard" empirical scientific type of evidence) is irrational.

Burn

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Yes, but as you said earlier: for a particular time, people and place, not universal. Why would God escape these contextual factors?

• myelaine
    myelaine

I ask you: On what JUST basis could God condemn unborn children (not even conceived yet!)???

Answer me that.

the children were not born in the "garden" they were born outside in the "earth" ...they were born in sin and God could not and would not allow anyone to live forever in a state of sin...they MUST be born again into the Kingdom of God.

love michelle

p.s. that's why the cherrybim were guarding the way to the tree of LIFE...

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry knows more about the facts than God does. WOW!

What "facts"?

Oh, you mean the bible account?

We haven't reached the stage where you can call that "fact".

How do I know?

Nobody who supports it is able to provide reasons, basis, support or argument that reaches the level of fact yet.

I invite you to do so.

The "believers" resort to labeling me a god-hater who is tone deaf. Not much of an argument.

You guys should feel a certain amount of honest shame in not providing a reasoned debate.

Calling names and labeling me doesn't say much for your side of the issue.

I'm asking you for something and you're giving me a pale Jack Nicholson imitation. ("You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth.")

Heck, I've seen that act already. Jack did it better.

Give me something of your own.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Terry

How can you blame me for this? (Answer: you can't. You are diverting attention away from the topic.)

Maybe you'll be able to stand before God blameless. Is that what you really think?

I know I won't.

You know what Justice is? Justice is a process of determining facts by presenting both sides and ruling according to who deserves what.

Job 33:23

If there is a messenger for him, a mediator, one among a thousand, to declare for man his uprightness,

I've found the One Job was looking for Terry. Jesus will handle my defence!

Job 33:24 then He is gracious to him and says, Deliver him from going down to the Pit; for I have found a ransom.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Yes, but as you said earlier: for a particular time, people and place, not universal. Why would God escape these contextual factors?

Ah I see. Well, not so much that He escapes, but that we are mired in the relative. We interpret according to our own context and encode accordingly. That is what I meant. Cheers

• Perry
    Perry

All the babies as yet unborn-------NO SIN YET (no eye and no tooth) are CONDEMNED IN ADVANCE. (non corresponding eye and tooth.)

I ask you: On what JUST basis could God condemn unborn children (not even conceived yet!)???

Ps 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speakinglies.

Ps 51: 5 - Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

It there was a 100% chance that a cereal serial killer would kill again, would you want fellowship with him? Babies have a 100% chance of sinning. They later die because of this inheritance.

What died in Adam was the spirit that he was led by. Being separated from the Source of Life, atrophy set in as the 2nd law of thermodynamics demand.

• Terry
    Terry
    To that I answer what Christians believe; we all die, good and bad. But this death is not the end of us. This is not our final judgement. There is a second judgement and a second life. The good that choose God receive life with God, the evil that reject God receive life without

This is your assertion.

Based on....?

You heard it or read it and like the sound of it.

Blind faith.

For me, based on the way God (as represented in scripture) deals with mankind, there is no basis for confidence. I either have to wash my hands of the bible and "hope" for the best. Or, invite you ironclad believers to give me a clue beyond bald assertions.

So far....nothing....but...bald assertions.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

BTS,

I wonder is it possible to explain the difference between atheists and theists by accepting different contexts without immediately passing judgments on one another's views?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit