The Watchtower Society Shows Their True Colors Again

by TooBad TooSad 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Blackbird2004
    Blackbird2004

That is true BUT - JW's rarely do anything for others outside the organization.

• tinker
    tinker

I WT discourages members from giving money to any charity yet, I know many MANY JW's who have accepted help from Childrens Hospital, Red Cross, Cancer Society, Hospice Care, etc, the list is long.

I know an elder, self employed and made a good living but no health insurance. His daughter needed surgery on her shoulder and they took free medical service from Childrens Hospital in Seattle.

One JW family lost their home to a fire and Red Cross put them into a hotel until they could repair the house. We offered to take the family in but they refused because the Red Cross was paying.

A sister with breast cancer accepted free clothing and wig from the Cancer Society.

I always felt terrible that I passed on giving to these organizations. These days I step up with a buck and a check because I know the good work they do. I may need them someday myself.

And when I think of all the money I gave the WTBS, I truely feel ashamed.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Is there a scan of this entire article available anywhere?

• odie67
    odie67

As I JW I never would give a dime to charity....

Now I work in oncology and I see the suffering that people go through fighting cancer....It's so hard for people to fight cancer and try to work and take care of themselves and/or their family. Charity makes a huge difference. money for research and programs are so vital. Jesus healed people who later died but he still healed them because he had mercy for them and we should have mercy also and give....

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Mary,

I think you have forgotten about Garret Losch. He is just as bad as ole' Teddy and about 10 years younger.

One

• sosad
    sosad

this topic made me laugh at loud - last week my dad told me that "God doesn;t care about philantrophy (sp?)" and that it didn't matter what good things I may do or be involved with, I am on the road to destruction. (and my kids, but that would be antoher thread!)

i laughed out loud - but his use of the word was kinda strange. Now I see where he got it from!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit