The Watchtower Society Shows Their True Colors Again

by TooBad TooSad 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mouthy
    mouthy

They have to be reminded every year to be sure

that they leave a tip at the restaurants while attending thier summer assemblies
    Dont know where you were sitting,? But in MY congregation we were told that to leave a book, as a tip is a nice gesture ....Better than money, of course you could leave two mags if you wanted to be extra giving. after all LIFE!!!! you were offering in a Paradise earth....

• garybuss
    garybuss

Philanthropy isn't to solve problems or even to help people. Philanthropy's total first party benefit is that the giver feels good. The charity or receiver of the gift is a third party beneficiary. The act of giving is it's own reward.

Devaluing a giver's gift by evaluating the consequences of the gift in the light of existing unmet needs and writing that the gift is insufficient, is offensive to me. The lowest form of journalism, in my opinion, is the malevolent criticism of a giver's gift. That's just designed to devalue the giver. It's not about the gift at all.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    But in MY congregation we were told that to leave a book, as a tip is a nice gesture ....Better than money, of course you could leave two mags if you wanted to be extra giving.

And we wonder why Restaurants cringe when a flock of witnesses come in.

menu

hope4others

• flipper
    flipper

TOO BAD, TOO SAD- Very good thread ! It is true that the witnesses are totally screwed up when it comes to assessing people's real needs in giving. Their view that " preaching the good news of God's kingdom " is the most important form of giving is just a major cop out so they don't have to give to others needs in real , meaningful ways like feeding others, helping the elderly and sick , giving homeless people a place to stay , giving a person employment or a job.

I have been self employed for 25 years and the only witness ever to give me an office to clean was my dad and mom . I never had any other job offers in the witnesses , ever. But I employed plenty of " brothers and sisters " in my cleaning business ; even helped some get started in their own businesses . I found JW's basically self serving ; and I was raised as one , what does that tell you ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• monophonic
    monophonic

thankfully our donations do not go to the wtbts anymore....i was able to convince the family to stop donating b/c some of the money is going to settling law suits and they're not being forthcoming with that....keeping it vague, 'for the worldwide work'. the world wide work now includes them having to pay millions for the hurt caused by their arrogance.

i'm glad my family agreed with me...one step in the direction of, 'hrmmm, maybe this ain't so troof afterall?'

great post, thank you.

• VM44
    VM44

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds."

Didn't The Watchtower recently send a letter to all congregations ASKING them to deposit the congregation's excess funds with The Watchtower so they could gain interest at a higher rate?

The Awake articles says "do not...in any way solicit funds."!

Money grubbers!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jehovah's Witnesses prefer to devote their time and financial resources to announcing the good news of God's Kingdom.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds.

So, which is it, Watchtower?? The article from the Watchtower Society solicits donations from JWs in the very same article in which it claims not to do exactly that!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    As for helping the needy... I seen so many people in dire straights out in service... and what did we offer them... a Magazine...

Once I saw a young single mom struggling with her baby and little kids. The elder I was out with told her that she needed to dedicate her life to God and He would provide for her all she needed. I could not believe he was telling a woman who had just asked him for $10 for food, that she needed to wait til she was a dedicated witness!! I reminded him of the text where God makes it rain on even evil people so their crops can grow. This little family is hardly evil, we should help I said. I dropped this cheapskate at the hall and went grocery shopping and picked up a friend of mine and asked him to go with me to deliver them to the family. You should have seen her face. It is amazing how $50 worth of groceries and formula can change a person's outlook. She never went to the kh as far as I know, but a sister did look in on her as a rv regularly. Sometimes we just need to be human, too bad the jw's have no humanity left in them.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Too Bad Too Sad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, very well stated!!

Sincerely,

• bobld
    bobld

Every time I read a WT/A like this one.I get nauseated,diarrhea,headaches and high blood pressure.I don't know why I torture myself like this.

Compare J.W./WBTS prefer to devote their time and money to God's Kingdom.Which for 2000 years has done nothing for mankind.

To Bill & M Gates philanthropy foundation:Who believe "all lives-no matter where they are have equal value." Who believe "in the power of Science and Technology to improve peoples lives"

As an Example:Malaria kills more than 2000 African children everyday.B&M Gates foundation gave 258 million dollars for a malaria vaccine.Tell me which helped the African children? Now you know why I get sick reading the WT/A.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit