The Watchtower Society Shows Their True Colors Again

by TooBad TooSad 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

In the new May Awake magazine there is an article "Is Philanthropy the Answer? I knew what the answer

was going to be before I even read it. The article has these little tidbits of wisdom. "The success of

philanthropy will always be limited. Why? For one thing, neither money nor a good secular education can

eliminate such problems as greed, hatred, prejudice and false religious beliefs. Accordingly, rather than

set up philanthropic organizations, Jehovah's Witnesses prefer to devote their time and financial resources to

announcing the good news of God's Kingdom."

There is also a paragraph that made me laugh at the shear lie it told. "Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in

any way solicit funds." How many articles have you read in the Watchtower where the plea is made to

put them in your will to leave all of your money, jewelry and houses to the Watchtower Society. How many

articles have you read that ask for money and then gives the stories of young children robbing their piggy banks

and sending in 2 or 3 dollars?

Articles like this help JW's be the cheapest people in the world. They have to be reminded every year to be sure

that they leave a tip at the restaurants while attending thier summer assemblies. Members of the congregation

may be in need of financial help but tight fisted JW's will say we are praying for you and that Armageddon is near

so your problems will go away. All the while the needing ones don't have enough to eat. There is no organized

effort in the congregations to come to the fianancial add of the members who have a need.

I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening to me.

TooBad TooSad

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am so glad that I am no longer "colorblind" and can see through their BS. It's funny how being educated by the internet can open your eyes and you never look at things the same again. Education of any kind is the WTBTS's biggest fear. And it should be.

• Casper
    Casper
    "Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds."

That line is hilarious. They may not do it "Publicly"... but they sure hounded the heck out of us on Thursday nights.

As for helping the needy... I seen so many people in dire straights out in service... and what did we offer them... a Magazine...

That's one of things that bothered me so much, nothing was set up to be charitable... Nothing...

Cas

• DT
    DT

This might be a good article to send to the charity commission in the UK.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    There is no organized effort in the congregations to come to the fianancial add of the members who have a need.

There is also no organized effort to even come to the spirititual aid of members who have outlived their usefulness in the congregation. I found that out with my parents.

• carla
    carla

Their excuse for doing no charity work whatsoever. My child has had the opportunity to mention to her jw dad, 'yeah, but dad you don't do any charity work so....'

I would give the rest of 'so....' but it would give child away completely! it is always in response to some story where a person has dedicated their entire life giving to others and involving their families and communities. Ha, he never has a comeback for that one.

• golf2
  • golf2
  • golf2
  • golf2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit