The Watchtower Society Shows Their True Colors Again

by TooBad TooSad 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    "The success of philanthropy will always be limited. Why? For one thing, neither money nor a good secular education can

eliminate such problems as greed, hatred, prejudice and false religious beliefs. Accordingly, rather than

set up philanthropic organizations, Jehovah's Witnesses prefer to devote their time and financial resources to

announcing the good news of God's Kingdom."

That's a false dichotomy, claiming that because philanthropy cannot eliminate such problems, that it is therefore limited. No problems can be totally eliminated, but they can be lessened greatly. Good secular education allows a person to find better work and earn enough to be around other people who've also done well for themselves. Without such education, you'll be stuck earning less and living amongst poorer people, who might be on government dole, and therefore no incentive to work. People who aren't trying to better themselves eventually exhibit signs of predjudice, greed, and hatred.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The trick they played on me is in showing me a rainbow of humanitarianism long before I realised they are out to condemn billions to gehenna!

Effectively they are out to filfill prophecies of destruction in a small ark under their own carefully sketched rainbow!

And so I see their intent hidden by all the psychadelia they proliferate which even the ones standing telling you dont see - its the WT puppetmasters!

Puppetmasters are everywhere - pulling others strings is their hobby!

Gameplay is their life!

Ethics is their charade!

Love is their death!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    For one thing, neither money nor a good secular education can

eliminate such problems as greed, hatred, prejudice and false religious beliefs.

Therein lies the great fallacy of religion, namely only a supernatural, non-human and unintelligible agency or state can solve all the problems, because humans are intrinsically perverted and unable to do good. It's obvious that such an attitude impedes philanthropy and is therefore morally reprehensible.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds."

Lol, WHAT? Well THIS isn't aimed at JWs as they already donate at Hall...what a joke they are...

https://www.jwgift.org/make_a_donation_-.aspx

Not only has the Kingdom Hall 2 collection boxes (one for Hall and one for Worldwide Fund - and no doubt they're screwed at Magazine counter), but they also have collection boxes in individual homes (Book study)...the Org rakes it in any way it can.

• Watkins
    Watkins
    Jehovah's Witnesses prefer to devote their time and financial resources to announcing the good news of God's Kingdom.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds .
    So, which is it, Watchtower?? The article from the Watchtower Society solicits donations from JWs in the very same article in which it claims not to do exactly that!

Exactly! A subtle reminder to all 'good' JWs to devote more time and more financial resources to wtbts - and I'm sure there're many reminders at the meetings about how it's 'OUR' responsibility to pay for books and magazines at the counter, and to make sure all donations are deposited in the proper slot that is NOT a collection plate like Satan's churches. So they're FULLY paid once by the 'publishers', and again if there's a donation. You can't buy million dollar printing presses without millions of dollars... pressed down and sucked out of their own members - they're leeches! I know some older ones who'd give anywhere from $20 to $50 for video tapes they gave away FREE. I think it was just their selfless charity, a personal tithe in a way. I love those people to death - it's the false prophets at the top of that pyramid scheme I loathe... Can't get around it - they are LIARS. I was carefully taught how to correctly beg for donations! After teaming up with Jimmy Swaggart et al, you couldn't just straight-out ask, you have to be a little sly, off-hand about it. At the end of an at-the-door conversation we were taught to say - "BTW... the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses print and distribute FREE Bibles and FREE Bible literature in over 200 languages all over the world. IF you'd like to donate towards this wonderful work of spreading God's Word in foreign lands, then I'll be pleased to make sure your contribution is earmarked for this all-important WorldWideWork." There were constant reminders and examples to use to SOLICIT money in the door-to-door work in the KMs each month. I haven't seen a KM for years - has it changed that much? It was further stressed to mention that it's a charitable donation towards God's work to prick their consciences to give... prolly so they wouldn't feel like they were helping finance a CULT ! Plus they demean other Christian ministers who're so 'trained' to appeal to the emotions when asking for money, the manner of 'passing the plate', etc. Hypocrites! When I first joined the wts, there'd been a major cost in repairing something at that KH. The elder who presented the 'special needs' talk was so good at pulling those emotional strings that he actually made me cry with regret that I didn't have MORE money to give. (His daddy was a Pentacostal preacher and would've been proud - his boy SOLICITED great!) The main part that's always bothered me is - they're LIARS. It was always supposed to be about THE truth - but they LIED, got caught in their lying and still continue to lie and think nothing of it! It's beyond my comprehension. I really don't know how the GB sleeps at night - they must know - they really can't not know...watkins

• shell69
    shell69

Jehovahs Witnesses prefer to dedicate their time and financial recources?

Bit of suggestive selling, erm brainwashing going on here.... as usual!

Shell

• Roddy
    Roddy

For one thing, neither money nor a good secular education can eliminate such problems as greed, hatred, prejudice and false religious beliefs.

Yeah, right! Tell that to the WTS and her lawyers! LOL

There is also a paragraph that made me laugh at the shear lie it told. "Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds."

In a way that paragraph made me cringe. I used to think in similar ways. When I begged people to give something for the literature I felt I wasn't soliciting funds. Strange how brain-washing makes you do things you are never aware of.

So I won't be surprised that every JW in "good standing" will read this portion of the article and fail to make the connection.

• oompa
    oompa

toosad: Accordingly, rather than set up philanthropic organizations, Jehovah's Witnesses prefer to devote their time and financial resources to

announcing the good news of God's Kingdom."...........First, this pie in the sky approach does NOTHING for people TODAY as far as their material needs and you cant live long enough to have spiritual bliss if you are sick and starving. Money and education will make a difference for people in this situation.

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not tithe or in any way solicit funds." .......Secondly, this is an interesting comment. Someone mentioned they got beat up on Thur. nights for money. REALLY?? Or did we beat ourselves up? At every convention and meeting I have been to in over 40 years, NEVER have words such as "please give" or "we need" been uttered. Instead, they read the accounts report, state the deficit, and then always say, "we thank you in advance for your continued generosity." I was once the accounts servant, and did it every month! It was the same with big projects...reminders were given as to what was donated, and how much more was needed before the project could be started. I guess the results may be the same since they have already infused a monstrous amount on guilt in you...................oompa

I must admit this is still way better than southern churches that mail you a monthly tithe statement, and TV guys that literally BEG for money

• The Doc 58
    The Doc 58

It's amazing how brainwashed jws are. Within five sentences of each other the society says we don't tithe or solitcit funds, but then they ask you to include them in your will. Why can't the jws see through this. It actually makes me really angry.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is disgusting. They have the money to put into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund (which, if anything is left after defending the pedophiles, it will be used toward starting the Second Dark Ages), but they don't have tip money. Children are sending their allowances and savings toward this work. And parents are encouraging it, while they will not tip the poor waitress at Starbucks!

I think the poor waitress at Starbucks would be a better place to put that money than in defending pedophiles. And the Starbucks clerks are not going to use it to help start the Second Dark Ages (and neither would a toy for that child.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit