The Watchtower Society Shows Their True Colors Again

by TooBad TooSad 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• golf2
  • cognac
    cognac

Wow, gulf, I'm really moved by your comments!!! lol,

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I agree with most of what you said, but in my area JW's are actually quite generous towards one another. Several homes for down and out JW's have been put up by cong members - OF COURSE it the society were to get involved they would likely squash that with a plethora of "cautions" and kill the spirit.

• golf2
    golf2

While the org is alway quoting scriptures, they fail to follow James 1:27, "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled...is this: to look after orphans and widows in tributlation and to keep on withspot from the world." A former NGO member?

Golf

• Gayle
    Gayle

Is there a scan of that page in that Awake. I would like to send that to that charity commission in the UK that have JWs up for re-evaluation.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    I agree with most of what you said, but in my area JW's are actually quite generous towards one another. Several homes for down and out JW's have been put up by cong members - OF COURSE it the society were to get involved they would likely squash that with a plethora of "cautions" and kill the spirit.

Bolds and italics mine...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Their preaching is really helping those starving kids and helping build orphanages. The Israelites had to care for the poor among them, why does the WTS choose to ignore that little bit in the OT?

momz

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

It would be fine IF IT WERE TRUE!!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Lies, apathy , hypocrisy, corruption and false teachings, yep sure does sound like God's organization, doesn't it !

Good post Toobad

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I agree that occasionally there are some acts of charity and kindness within the congregation. However, my take on that is: When it does happen, it is NOT because of the organization but DESPITE the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit