"Real one" threatens athiests with Jugement Day! Why do Christians do this?

by Witness 007 130 Replies latest jw experiences

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Grace...

why is it so important that anyone know and understand realone, would these facts make any difference in the way that one would receive the message?

the Holy Spirit is a teacher to everyone...everyone learns differently...consequently, He teaches in different ways to different people...there may be people inclined to respond to realone's message over another more gentle approach...the Holy Spirit would know this. Stifling realone could be doing great harm to the way that the Holy Spirit chooses to work. Berating realone may cause those drawn to listen, to dismiss the message because it isn't pc to the other christians...but that doesn't make the message any less true does it?

love michelle

• mouthy
    mouthy

why is it so important that anyone know and understand realone, would these facts make any difference in the way that one would receive the message?

Yes Michelle I do think it would make a differance. friends dont mind telling those details,She has the talk( right)but I dont think the way she hands it out is very loving. I know many on the board think I am unloving at times, but they excuse it because of "Being Old" If he/she is a youngster, she is doing what he/she thinks Mathew 24 demands. But it should be taught IN LOVE!!!!! I have folks lurking & she/he turns them OFF from her condeming attitude, we had enough harsh teaching in the Borg, "HANDLE WITH CARE those just seeing the true light....

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Grace...

"But it should be taught IN LOVE!!!!! I have folks lurking & she/he turns them OFF from her condeming attitude, we had enough harsh teaching in the Borg, "HANDLE WITH CARE those just seeing the true light...."

with reasoning like that...little lost sheep would have to conclude that Jesus Himself was unloving. see Matthew 12:34

love michelle

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well thanks Michelle You think I am an offspring off vipers..( maybe).. Out of the heart the mouth speaks I STILL say realone is not showing love. O.K. Now toss the stones dear.

• myelaine
    myelaine

ahh, no, I don't think you're offspring of vipers...my point is that Jesus out of the abundance of His loving heart never pulled any punches, He was honest. Judgement is waiting for those NOT on God's side. In appealing to the Word of God as THE truth, realone is showing love as Jesus did.

love michelle

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Michelle,

As shown by the criticism coming from both Christians and non-Christians, the expressions of "real one" are offensive to some. Offensiveness does not attract people to the gospel. It turns them away. I think it shows a poor understanding of human nature to think the truth will attract honest-hearted persons regardless of how it is spoken. If the way it is done is offensive, that would result in stumbling people away from Christianity instead of drawing them to it. As Jesus said regarding some who claim to follow him: "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes! (Matthew 18:6, 7)

We become stumblingblocks if we appear self-righteous and "holier-than-thou." Perhaps that is not the mindset of "real one," but he does give that impression. None of us is Jesus, and none of us has authority to speak the way he did at times. When two apostles decided to call down evil upon unbelievers, Jesus "rebuked them." (Luke 9:51-56) I think he would equally rebuke any of us who think we have the sinlessness and purity of soul that would qualify us to condemn someone else's faith or lack of faith.

Oftentimes it is not our words but it is our conduct that wins others to Christ. "Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation." (1 Peter 2:12) A Christian wife, for example, can never hope to win her unbelieving husband to Christianity if she nags him about what she believes is "the truth." As Peter wrote: "In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives." (1 Peter 3:1)

fjtoth
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• myelaine
    myelaine

don't you think that realone's committment to speaking the truth is good conduct? lets get real here...Jesus said: And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19

realone is drawing attention to the fact that Jesus said condemnation awaits those that don't believe Him. this condemnation is eternal death!...not a big mac as opposed to a steak!

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I WILL NOT BLOT OUT his name from the book of LIFE, but will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5

love michelle

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Myelaine-----So you are telling me it is OK to talk bad to people and call them names. That is what Real one--- does.

So you are telling me that Real one is doing Jesus work, so Jesus calls people bad names.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Barbie Doll...

If Jesus wants to talk "bad" to people and call them names that's His perogative...realone is trying to get a message across that judgement and condemnation awaits those that are NOT on His side...

certainly realone doesn't have as much "finesse" as Jesus, I haven't heard him call anyone a brood of vipers!, but the message is the same, and it is spoken by the Holy Spirit through realone.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit