"Real one" threatens athiests with Jugement Day! Why do Christians do this?

by Witness 007 130 Replies latest jw experiences

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Michelle,

You seem to have a problem putting yourself in other people's shoes. If you were honest with yourself, you would admit that you don't like to be criticized, and you would understand that neither does anyone else. Criticism creates resistance, not cooperation.

Jesus put it this way, "Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another." (Mark 9:50) Sadly, it seems that you and "real one" haven't learned what Jesus meant.

Contrary to the disposition of "real one" toward others, Jesus was known as pleasant and easy to get along with: "And all were speaking well of Him, and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from His lips." (Luke 4:22) What falls from the real one's keyboard are unpleasant and haughty accusations, not pleasant and gracious words.

Though you fail to understand, the apostle Paul clearly understood what Jesus meant. That is why he wrote: "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4:29)

He also wrote: "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." (Colossians 4:6) Nowhere did Jesus or the apostles encourage the use of irritating language such as "real one" is fond of using.

Hopefully you will change your view, but at this point I'm starting to doubt it. It is a very sad thing when someone takes it upon himself or herself to condemn others when they don't see 'the rafter in their own eye.' (Matthew 7:3-5) Ironically, you and "real one" want others to change, but you don't seem to realize the need for yourselves to change in order to be more like Jesus.

If God's spirit was guiding "real one" we should expect him to display the fruit of the spirit which includes peace, kindness and gentleness. (Galatians 5:22, 23)

fjtoth

• avishai
    avishai

>>>>but the message is the same, and it is spoken by the Holy Spirit through realone.<<<<

Prove it.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear fjtoth...

show me in the Bible where it says that pussy-footing around the real issue scores any points with GOD.

love michelle

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Michelle,

Was Jesus "pussy-footing" when he told us to "be at peace with one another"? Was the apostle Paul "pussy-footing" when he wrote that our words should "give grace to all who hear"? Was he "pussy-footing" when he wrote that our speech should "always be with grace"? Was he "pussy-footing" when he said we would be peaceful, kind and gentle if the Holy Spirit is guiding us?

By calling the Christian message "pussy-footing," you condemn both Jesus and Paul. And you also condemn the Holy Spirit. If you truly were like Jesus and Paul, and if you truly were under the influence of the Holy Spirit, you would quickly see their point. But you don't! Instead, you prefer to dismiss what the Bible teaches because you think your way is better than God's way.

Admit it, Michelle. That is your real problem, namely, your preference for your own will rather than God's will.

fjtoth

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Myelaine -----You sound like you are still in JWs still. You are saying it OK to call people names

and push the Holy Spirit down peoples throats.???????

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear fjtoth...

1 Timothy 5:18...For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain", and, "The laborer is worthy of his wages"

2 Timothy 4:1-2... I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season, Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching....

Preach the word...no where in the Bible does it say that the "word" is: being nice and gentle to people is enough. just like being nice and gentle is enough to gain entrance into the kingdom of God. There is one way, and only one way...and to be Christ-like is NOT to be exclusively nice and gentle...it is to love people and want them to be aware of the requirement of gaining entrance into the kingdom....as well as their fate in not meeting that requirement...and if you find that offensive then in all likelyhood you would have found Jesus offensive too.

love michelle

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Michelle,

You are sadly mistaken in the way you used both 1 Timothy 5:18 and 2 Timothy 4:1-2.

Look closely at the first one. What does that scripture have to do with the message? It has nothing to do with muzzling the message, but the illustration is used by Paul to show that preachers deserve to be supported materially. But you are so intent on your own will rather than God's will that you hurriedly threw in that text without thinking through what it really means.

Then look at the context of the second scripture. What does it have to do with preaching to persons who are not Christians? The context shows plainly that Paul was advising Timothy how to preach and teach among brethren (inside the church, not outside).

Even though the only word you seem to see in that text is "rebuke," there are other words equally as important. But you prefer to ignore those words, don't you? You don't want to hear about 'convincing' others do you? All you think is necessary is to 'condemn' and tell people off. You don't want to convince with kind, winsome words. You want to show how righteous you are by making other people look small. And you don't want to see the word "longsuffering," do you? You don't think a Christian teacher should take time, be patient and hope for the best, do you?

All you want to do, Michelle, is ignore the Bible completely or try to find something in it that just might -- perhaps, maybe, hopefully -- support your unkind and unchristian point of view. Isn't that true? If you had the Christian spirit, you would not ignore what Jesus said about being at peace with others. You would not ignore what the apostle Paul said about always speaking with graciousness. You would not ignore what Paul wrote about the fruit of the spirit. You have your mind made up that your way -- not God's way, not the Bible way -- is best. Come now, Michelle, admit it! See yourself as you actually are. If you don't like this criticism, think how you make others feel when you and "real one" criticize them.

fjtoth

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Im not gonna waste my time with swine. Pigs, Fools, Crazy, Worthless ,Hearless, Cruel, Never do right.

Myelaine------You think this is OK. It comes out of the bible and this is what Real one call people,

and you say he is doing the Holy Spirit work? I don't think so.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Michelle,

You wrote,

and if you find that offensive then in all likelyhood you would have found Jesus offensive too.

No, Michelle, you are the one who finds Jesus offensive. He's not good enough for you. He rebuked the apostles when they had your attitude, as I mentioned above. Jesus offends you because you know he would rebuke you just as he rebuked the apostles for having an unloving and unkind view of persons who did not accept Jesus' message. Your unwillingness to give the Bible a chance at teaching you something beneficial is a very, very sad thing to see.

fjtoth
  • avishai
    avishai

I sound like I'm still in the JW's? How? I'm not even a theist....I'm agnostic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit