"Real one" threatens athiests with Jugement Day! Why do Christians do this?

by Witness 007 130 Replies latest jw experiences

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We had this discussion with my 12 year old, who is scared once again of dying because of a religion. If you do this, you die. If you don't do this, you die. Jesus condemned the leaders of his day, but did he ever actually tell his followers they would die if they did or didn't do something? I mean in the context used here, as a threat and fear tactic. My daughter has been told her dad and I will not be saved because we drink, say damn, and don't go to this particular church. Not much different than the dubs, and she is now forbidden from attending any further services.

momz

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good morning all....through the course of realone's career here at JWD, by his own admission he says that he is rather SLOW at times. Granted, we have known many people who are SLOW, emotionally, intellectually and psychologically. Ok, so for that reason I will back off in my attacks on him. I have come to realize that he is well intended with his faith. His direction at this point in his life is to try and convert anyone and everyone to his new found or existing faith.

You have to admit though, that at some point in this person's life, he came into contact with jw's. Thus, his entrance into our realm here at JWD. What a better place to preach than at a site filled with what he THOUGHT were JW's!!!

However, due to his ADMITTED handicap of being slow, he just doesn't get the point that we, as EX JW's could care less about being preached to nor that we are at concerned about eternal damnation. Friends, I have come to the conclusion that he's like a FRUIT FLY, you just can't get rid of them. You swat at them and they just somehow manage to AVOID you. Like realone's avoiding answering direct questioning on points of doctrine.

He's very sincere in what he's doing, but just DOESN'T GET US!!!!

NMG

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    just DOESN'T GET US!!!!

Yeah, we are a pretty motley crew around here.

• worf
    worf

I hear you momzcrazy,

The only people that Jesus actually ever condemned to death were the religious leaders. And those who follow them. No one else.

Interesting how witnesses and other religious people claim to know and follow the bible, but they never

seem to know that one important fact.

Worf

• Satanus
    Satanus

If he's a fruitfly that can't quit us, then he must like us ;)

S

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Physiologically speaking people like real one do think they have the power of god within them thats why they come out being so forward and aggressive.

Accumulative amount of fear and ignorance is in the minds of these folks and that should be considered when addressing them.

Thats Real

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

momz,

I hear you! My daughter who was 11 at the time we left the org. was having severe anxiety, depression and fear of death because of what she was hearing from the platform at the kingdom hall.

These abusive religions affect everyone but are especially traumatic for youngsters. Glad you put your foot down with your daughter. I wouldn't let my kids attend another abusive religion either. Peace, Lilly

• mouthy
    mouthy

Christians waving Judgement Day around like an Axe!

Now come on when have I waved judgement? & I consider myself a Chrsitian. as I mentioned in one of my other posts. Realone reminds me of my Mother, was hospitilzed many times ,had shock treatments ,she was diognised as a religious fanatic... she too called her self Christian. When I left( or was ousted) from the borg, My Mum read Crises of Conscience ( she had only studied with JWS when they were Bible Students (< that is what sent her off her head) So keep this in mind.

I think realone is also. Sorry realone.but your turning some of my lurkers off, You my love are NOT CHRIST!!!! I do realise you think you MUST preach, but leave the passing sentence on GOD>>>>

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Unbelievable. Realone im on your side with this. What these ppl dont realize ,apparently including, your so called brothers in christ, is that God himself in the Bible pronounces judgment on all unbelievers. Blood will be all over the place..ect..ect..so u are being just like God. Bravo i say. While these other CHrist i ans just sit back and just preach lovy lovy stuff at least u are talking about the judgment aspect of the Bible. Your in fact no different than God in this way.If ur gona be a Christian might as well Be like God i always say...oh wait..maybe that the side the other CHrisTian half like to IGNORE.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You got that one right. It is GOD who pronounces judgement on people, not us. We are Witnesses about Christ only. Not judges. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit