It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

OOTB

all my best wishes in your efforts to free up your family.

Do wahtever you need to do

Shell69

• golf2
    golf2

When will the hanging be?

Golf

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    One of the questions was "Have you ever abused of a child?".

Evidently there's a typo here, and I wanted to clarify. Did they ask, "have you ever abused a child" or "have you ever been abused as a child"? The reason I ask is because I can't see them knowingly allowing a victim to be in a position of authority either.

W

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just all the more proof that Holy Spirit helps them to make the decision! LOL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmm...I have to share some of the skepticism here...I hope that our chain is not being yanked for a laugh , (remember Trevor and Linda?)

If I am over suspicious then I owe you an apology ...On the basis that it is true, the pressure is only just beginning. Do you recall that psychology experiment where people succumbed to peer pressure and agreed with things that were plainly false, just because of the group psychology...

Six months down the line you will either be d/f'd or turned into a regular elder ...which will it be?

• Soledad
    Soledad

Family is the most important thing ever, and anything done to help loved ones is worth it. I wish you all the best.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I only read the first page. I like your entering the matrix illustration, a 'g' on illustrations fit material ;) Congrats are in order, i guess. Few people can do what you are doing. Hope you can get your family out.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

On the other hand, if this is a chain yanker, then whatever.

S

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I have a friend who wants to step down as an elder and they won't let him. He hasn't been to a meeting this year and they tried to make him a server. That is a desparate hemorging organization.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I have a friend who wants to step down as an elder and they won't let him.

They won't let him? They have nothing to say about it. It's a simple thing to tell them, in writing if necessary, "I'm not an elder anymore. My reasons are personal and none of your business. This is non-negotiable, and I will not discuss the matter further." If they don't like it, then go to the hall and scream it out at the entire congregation.

The only authority they have is what we give them.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit