It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I think anyone who can be an elder while knowling the whole thing is a lie, to help others deserves our respect. I sure as hell wouldn't put up with all that bullsh*t, so I admire someone who can.

I wish you the best luck!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good luck! I hope you can get your family out, but in the meantime, please keep us informed about what's going on with the borg. It's my only way of knowing what's going on with my mom. Make an effort to be kind to women who are dragged into a jc resulting from domestic violence and rape. Please also go to the authorities in the case of child molestation.

• karvel
    karvel

Congrats!

be sure to scan those 'elders only' letters for us!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I don't think many feel the hypocracy of it is insincere, just that knowing the role you will have to be convincing in almost compells you to do things that a non JW would be hard pressed to perform and not feel he were misleading certain ones!

I fail to see how you will manage that ideal!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Hope you don't have to go to any elder schools but if you do bring a vomit bag with you also prepare for 3 days of total boredom.

• integ
    integ

OOTB,

I think this is awesome. I know if I knew you personally I would really like you..more than I do already.

I'm behind you 110 %.

I think everybody here (males who are not Df'd) should strive to be elders, then we could destroy this thing from the "inside".

I LOVE IT!!!

Good on ya.

Don't forget who your "real" friends are.

-Integ.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I can't bring myself to say "Congrats!", but I support you. Do what you feel you have to. Do what good you can. We each have our own path, don't second guess yours.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I always say its a screwed up world. You hang out here and get appointed an elder?

Are you a male Sybil?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    So, you're an elder. BFD. What do want? A biscuit?

• Gerard
    Gerard

Dunno..... If I disagree with spam phone calls I don't become a telemarketer.

I hope you have a plan better than let's see. Good luck with your exit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit