It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Outofthebox...

Do ANYTHING you have to, to get your family out. If you can extract your wife first, the kids should be a little easier to get out. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NAYSAYERS

-BONEZZ

• frozen one
    frozen one

How's is this possible? how comes OOTB is an elder? He always says things that sound soooo different to the WT. What happened to the HS?

Exactly. This whole thread sounds like bullshit.

• oompa
    oompa

My condolences. If you are really doing this for your family and think this may be the only way, no one should blame you........oompa

Don't you EVER EVER bail out on a committee!!!! You find every frikkin way to be the most forgiving elder in the world.....ALWAYS insist to err on the side of mercy and forgiveness, usless the poor thing in the room is a creep/perv........oompa

• shamus100
    shamus100

Frozenone,

Pretty much stole the words right out of my mouth. It gives 'apostates' a bad name - I like to think that we're somewhat truthful now that we're out; truthful to ourselves, our fellow man... hell, I"m not even religious in the least and I follow these rules.

Personally, I cannot understand why anyone would waste they're time being an elder when it's all nonsense. Working with those who protect criminals is repugnant.

Remember, people, anyone can say they are an elder and be some twelve year old kid in front of the computer.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I can't judge you Neo, err, OOTB. Mostly because, to my shame, I accepted a MS position and served at it despite disagreeing with alot of their end time teachings and their 2 class system. Now this was well before I learned about how much the WTS was keeping from publishers. Even with their hypocrisy, I've felt/continue to feel poorly about myself for doing that. I wasn't all that much better. I can't imagine being an elder.

Getting your family to doubt the whole spirit guided premise by good faking sounds reasonable. Maybe your family will be swayed by that. Mine wasn't. They knew my leanings from the beginning and it hasn't affected their faith one iota. They rationalized away my appointment like the KGB appointments...and had even greater satisfaction in saying that I stunk in that role too.

Frozen One

Believe me. Its not all that hard to get appointed. Its all about perception as was honestly explained to me by the PO. If the congregation sees you as "theocractic" enough, you're in. Which isn't all that hard nowadays with average dubs being such slackers compared to the average dubs a decade back.

There's a huge shortage of idiots (don't take that personally OOTB - I was one of them) willing to be worked to the bone. One of the elders would always joke with me about whether the BOE was making me squeek with all the work they piled on. I do think though that OOTB is exaggerating how vocal he is with his dissenting views. But hey, I was fooling myself in how subversive I was too. I needed to.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Apparently the holy spirit has nothing to do with appointments! I'm still in shock about this, I'll get back to ya later.

Cheers!

hope4others

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wow, that is quite an accomplishment and a huge step. It will be very hard for you as you will be loaded with work to do, talks etc.

I think it would be wise to have a very short term goal in assisting your family. You need to realise most will probably not want to give up their religion, so work out who you may be able to reach as quick as you can. If your goal was to prove the Holy Spirit was not involved in the decision, you can shortly start having discussions with your wife that you have not believed for some time now, and that you were made an elder was the final proof to you that this is not God's Organization. However before making such a bold assertion you will need to test the waters with her first.

• Robdar
    Robdar

So, you're an elder. BFD. What do want? A biscuit?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God help you OOTB!!!

You are going to need it!

Burn

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Good luck! I don't know why everyone is ragging on you. Taking the org down from the inside out seems like the best way to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit